What carrier should be used during a stay in the US?

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm planning to Stay in US for a while. Can you tell me about the US Carrier? Cause it's damn expensive using roaming network. I'm using 625 (LTE) which should I choose and how do I get it?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
You can try getting Cricket Wireless. It uses AT&T's network so coverage is better than other GSM carriers overall, plus prices are cheap. You can get 1Gb data for $35, 3Gb for $45 and 10Gb for $55 a month. All of them include unlimited local talk + text + data (throttle to 2G after data cap). Internet sharing sort of works as well. Plus they are running a promotion where you can get the Lumia 630 for $0 (mail-in rebate).

Let me know if you are interested. I can send you a referral which would give you an additional $25 off on your monthly bill

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
You can try getting Cricket Wireless. It uses AT&T's network so coverage is better than other GSM carriers overall, plus prices are cheap. You can get 1Gb data for $35, 3Gb for $45 and 10Gb for $55 a month. All of them include unlimited local talk + text + data (throttle to 2G after data cap). Internet sharing sort of works as well. Plus they are running a promotion where you can get the Lumia 630 for $0 (mail-in rebate).

Let me know if you are interested. I can send you a referral which would give you an additional $25 off on your monthly bill

As foreigner of course I'll do lot of International call and Internet call. I would consider cricket but how about Verizon and AT&T?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Verizon and AT&T are both expensive than Cricket. Secondly if you plan on using your 625 then Verizon is out of question since its CDMA. Cricket does have some international talk plans available but I haven't researched them yet. For international calls you can pick up a calling card or sign up for Vonage or Skype. What country would you calling BTW?

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Verizon and AT&T are both expensive than Cricket. Secondly if you plan on using your 625 then Verizon is out of question since its CDMA. Cricket does have some international talk plans available but I haven't researched them yet. For international calls you can pick up a calling card or sign up for Vonage or Skype. What country would you calling BTW?
Sadly calling my home via Skype is out of question because the only one that able to answer me is my mom using her Apple iPad . If I'm going to buy Skype credit for land line call that's gonna be suck since I have to pay 2 times. I'm from Indonesia. Anyway I'm going to consider about cricket but 1st I love to see other carrier cost

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
For calling cards you can check Rebtel or Vonage service. As far as cheap carriers are concerned, Cricket is the best bang for buck plus has great coverage for the price. Next cheapest carrier would be Metro PCS, Straight Talk, or T-Mobile. There are others but I wouldn't recommend them. Of the above, the ATT Straight Talk plan has decent coverage, other two have bad coverage outside major cities, plus the phone on them would need AWS enabled to use HSPA+ and LTE band 4 for LTE.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel