Attention, Alpha Luxe users: a new phone update is available

PBNkapamilya

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Just learned from a Facebook group that a new OS update is available for the Cherry Mobile Alpha Luxe. It is the version 8.10.14226.359 which, among other things, makes the Live Folders feature available on your phone. I believe this is the same verison made available to Lumia phones with the Denim firmware update. Here are the complete list of features and feature updates made available by this version.

If your phone hasn't updated automatically yet, just go to Settings > Phone Update, then tap on "Check for updates" button. Make sure your phone has enough battery life to go through the update. (Connect your phone to your charger while the update is being downloaded and installed, if necessary.)

If your phone still says "Your phone is up to date," check back again later. It seems Cherry Mobile is rolling out the updates slowly to all phones.

Sean Cua

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
For some weird reason, my Alpha Luxe seems to get stuck on checking for updates...

Edit: After a few hours it said that phone is up to date, so I enrolled it to dev preview and it updated.

Last edited:

Sean Cua

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Guys, update 2 is out and pfd isn't needed!
Yesterday I was stuck at 8.10.14157.200 and I kept getting 80072f8f error when trying to check for an update so I did a hard reset and damn my phone just updated to 8.10.15137.148

wp_ss_20150522_0001.pngwp_ss_20150522_0002.png

ixmanam69

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
Bug or Not ?

please help , after i update my phone alpha luxe into its latest update,
when i charge my phone on a AC my phone drains the battery and its very dead.
someone knows whats happening :straight:

idecris

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys! Is there any chance I can update my CM Alpha Luxe into Windows10? Any idea? Thanks.

You may. Download and install the Upgrade Advisor from the Store, then just follow the app's instructions.

Personally, I have not done this. Might never too. I think the Alpha Luxe on Windows 10 has limited support or updates and is possibly unstable.

At least at Windows 8.1 update 2, the Alpha Luxe is stable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea