More Samples

2412239-7928014469-bf4-x.png

bf4-xboxone-vs-ps4_2.png

140615030547701197.jpg

140929023840486596.jpg

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Not a good argument, I only showed one just for kicks. Were I more interested I could show you 3 examples of better ps4 quality graphics detail for every 1 of yours. Current.
Go ahead.. nice to see other comparisons. PS4 should have better performance all the time. It is not the case

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
The graphics argument has been done to death 💀.

Under normal conditions (sat approx 6 feet away from your TV) you can not tell the difference. End of.

jonnaver

Banned
Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
The graphics argument has been done to death 💀.

Under normal conditions (sat approx 6 feet away from your TV) you can not tell the difference. End of.
True that. There's also a big factor resting with the game developers. The problem with having two big console makers running multiplatform games on different hardware specs is that quite often the easiest thing for a developer to do is to dumb down the game to the optimization level of the weaker console. It ends up making the graphics look bad on the stronger console because it wasn't optimized for it.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Well, the NPD numbers for November showed that Xbox One finally outsold PS4 in the U.S. (in the UK as well), for the first time since December 2013. It took some aggressive price cuts ($50-70 off), aggressive games bundling (Assassin's Creed Unity, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Dance Central Spotlight,, and some killer exclusives (Halo: The Master Chief Collection, mainly), but a win is a win. It is vexing that it took so long, considering Xbox One has had the stronger games lineup since launch, has received a slew of regular updates, has more apps and exclusive features, and even made Kinect valuable again with a flood of quality Kinect games this fall (Dance Central Spotlight, Dark Dreams Don't Die, Fantasia: Music Evolved, Just Dance 2015, Shape Up, Boom Ball Kinect, etc.). I hope this becomes a regular trend now.

Interestingly, it seems Sony has just thrown a Hail Mary to try to scoop up the December NPD sales victory from Xbox One, dropping the price of PS4 to $329 at Walmart. It'll be interesting to see how long the sale runs (2 days and counting so far), whether other retailers follow suit, whether Microsoft counterattacks (say by selling the base console, no bundled games) for $299, and whether it'll be enough to take the December sales trophy.

jonnaver

Banned
Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Lmao I knew it. I suspected you're following that Misterxmedia guy from those pictures but now I know.

You do realize he's been debunked as a clown and a scammer by pretty much every respectable gaming community right?

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Lmao I knew it. I suspected you're following that Misterxmedia guy from those pictures but now I know.

You do realize he's been debunked as a clown and a scammer by pretty much every respectable gaming community right?

Looks like MisterX was not completely wrong on this.
He was the first one talk about this

Xbox One developer tools updated to improve performance, Dying Light dev says | Polygon

Xbox One December SDK Update Allows More eSRAM Control, New API Improves eSRAM Performance ? GamingBolt.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Previews and Blog

jonnaver

Banned
Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Some enlightening responses to that article to keep things in perspective that MS is applying Band-Aids in a lackluster attempt to address what should have existed in the first place. Which is typical of MS:
the fact remains that the PS4 has 44% more teraflops, 50% more CU, 258% more bandwidth to its main pool of RAM and eSRAM is 256x smaller! 50% more shaders, 100% more ROPS, 400% more ACE/queues, 88% more gigapixels and 40% more gigatexels. You cant beat that with simply just a 9% faster CPU clock speed. The PS4 is still outperforming the X1 even after all these updates. And once the PS4 gets updated (which judging by the rate at which the FW has been updated will probably still take a while). It'll just put the X1 back in the spot its in now.*

This next user hit the nail right on the head:
.the only reason the X1 is getting all this attention is because MS is FINALLY doing what they should have already done from the beginning. The reason we don't see articles like this for the PS4 is because Sony hasn't had to be in a mad rush to improve their consoles most basic tasks because they actually got it pretty right in the beginning.

Also SDK updates like this, to me, just prove how much of the X1 was thrown together last minute.

If the eSRAM for instance wasn't a quick Band-Aid for the slow DDR3 RAM and was always part of the design then why didn't MS, the "King of Software" according to the Xbots, have a decent working SDK for it to begin with? Why has it taken them a YEAR...A WHOLE FREAKIN YEAR...to FINALLY get something out that FINALLY makes dealing with the eSRAM bearable?

If that alone isn't proof to how poorly designed the X1 is and how poorly MS underestimated Sony I don't know what is
Indeed.

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Some enlightening responses to that article to keep things in perspective that MS is applying Band-Aids in a lackluster attempt to address what should have existed in the first place. Which is typical of MS:

This next user hit the nail right on the head:

Indeed.

I heard the same argument between 360 and ps3. Lets see in the future

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb