Xbox One vs. PS4

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
There's not major difference between the Xbox One and PS4 in visual quality while playing a game. The only people that would notice the difference are fanboys who spend their time comparing pictures in a web browser instead of actually playing the games.

This is not the argument that Sony and they community keep bashing XBOX

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
This is not the argument that Sony and they community keep bashing XBOX

A small portion of their community does. Just as the small portion of the community here sees fit to do the same. I'll say it again. Neither console is capable of doing what was hyped. They're both built on low end mediocre hardware which was a step down relative to the last generation. Both the Xbox 360 and PS3 has impressive hardware packed in for their times. The PS4 and Xbox One left the gate already behind the game.

Both sides should just do what Wii U owners do. Put a disc into the console, play games, and be satisfied with your purchase. Both consoles have a good line up of promised games, both offer great multi-media functions. Comparing screenshots is only going to lead to depression and regrets.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Fair comparison between PS4 and XBOX One

It's pretty simple, really. Focus on the facts, ignore the opinions. For instance, Fact 1: Xbox One has way more features than PS4. Fact 2: Xbox One has way more AAA exclusives than PS4.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
It's pretty simple, really. Focus on the facts, ignore the opinions. For instance, Fact 1: Xbox One has way more features than PS4. Fact 2: Xbox One has way more AAA exclusives than PS4.

Simplest fact about them is
They both are gaming console.

And games decide what to buy.
If you are Halo fan buy Xbox

And if you are fan of God of war, mlb,etc then PS4.

And about features
PS4 have one of coolest feature that a gaming console ever have
SHARING.

Xbox features are all rounder entrainment where as PS4 features focused on the games.

Both game consoles have pros and cons. None of them are perfect.
There is no universal saying that this console is the best.

Users need decide which one is better for them.

Last edited:

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
The difference still minimal... I think DX12 will give Xbox advantage

It won't. IF DX12 is implemented on both consoles, then the PS4 will benefit from stronger hardware specs. DX12 has a few cool features that offloads CPU loads to the GPU. Great for computers running epic graphics cards. Less so for consoles running low end stuff. Otherwise... Not much will be gained, and that's assuming either console will update to DX12.

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It won't. IF DX12 is implemented on both consoles, then the PS4 will benefit from stronger hardware specs. DX12 has a few cool features that offloads CPU loads to the GPU. Great for computers running epic graphics cards. Less so for consoles running low end stuff. Otherwise... Not much will be gained, and that's assuming either console will update to DX12.

Microsoft said no DX12 for PS4

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Simplest fact about them is
1. They both are gaming console.
2. And games decide what to buy.
3. And about features, PS4 have one of coolest feature that a gaming console ever have: SHARING.
4. Xbox features are all rounder entrainment where as PS4 features focused on the games.
5. Both game consoles have pros and cons. None of them are perfect.
6. There is no universal saying that this console is the best.
7. Users need decide which one is better for them.

1. Neither of them are gaming consoles. They're both entertainment consoles. Both Sony and Microsoft have acknowledged that people use them more for non-gaming purposes than for gaming purposes, it's just that Xbox One has way more entertainment features. So, I choose Xbox.
2. Yes, and Xbox One has more AAA exclusives than PS4, so I choose Xbox.
3. Most publishers are blocking that sharing feature. I find Xbox One's features much more useful: HDMI-in, IR blaster, Skype, snap mode, Upload Studio, voice and gesture navigation, Kinect, etc. So, I choose Xbox.
4. Xbox One has more entertainment features and more gameplay features and more AAA exclusives, so it's not accurate to say that PS4 is "focused on games" just because it falls short everywhere else, especially since Xbox One beats it in games too. So, I choose Xbox.
5. Yep, it's just that the Xbox One has more pros than the PS4. So, I choose Xbox.
6. No one is saying one console is "the best"; we're saying the Xbox One is better than the PS4.
7. I did. I chose Xbox One.

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft has no control over what Sony does with the PS4. Both consoles use AMD's Graphic Core Next architecture. Meaning both consoles theoretically have the ability to run DX12. I doubt either will.

They just don't license DX12 to sony and PS4 will not have it

Last edited:

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
They just don't license DX12 to sony and PS4 will not have it

You are gonna have to give me a source on that. And it doesn't change the fact that DX12 is feasible on both consoles since both of them use AMD's GCN architecture. And it hardly changes the fact that a purchasing decision shouldn't be made based on hardware, but rather on relative preferences.

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
You are gonna have to give me a source on that. And it doesn't change the fact that DX12 is feasible on both consoles since both of them use AMD's GCN architecture. And it hardly changes the fact that a purchasing decision shouldn't be made based on hardware, but rather on relative preferences.

Microsoft said DX12 only on Windows10... You have to prove me

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft said DX12 only on Windows10... You have to prove me

Burden of proof rests with you. You are the one who made the statement that MS won't allow Sony to use DX12. I could repeat what I said, but I'm not sure I can simplify it anymore.

tl;dr: Both consoles are indeed depressing in terms of power. While we can hope for a magical AMD type solution of introducing large gains through driver updates, DX12 will not be the magic bullet the X1 will need to slaughter the PS4.

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Burden of proof rests with you. You are the one who made the statement that MS won't allow Sony to use DX12. I could repeat what I said, but I'm not sure I can simplify it anymore.

tl;dr: Both consoles are indeed depressing in terms of power. While we can hope for a magical AMD type solution of introducing large gains through driver updates, DX12 will not be the magic bullet the X1 will need to slaughter the PS4.

DirectX 12 confirmed as Windows 10 exclusive, AMD and Nvidia go head-to-head | ExtremeTech

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte