Contiuum and 2-in-1 Devices: Tips, Tricks and Bugs

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Users who have 2-in-1 devices are getting the most leverage out of Continuum right away.

What device do you have?

Got any Tricks or Tips to share?

Any Bugs?

Tell us all about it and share your info with other users...

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Tip: Downgrade to Windows 8.1 for a better touch experience. ;)

But for another suggestion... while in tablet mode, right click on the taskbar and choose "show all notification icons". That way you have the up arrow there so that you can see any programs that live in the system tray (such as desktop Skype).

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I have a Lenovo Yoga 15, love it. One bug I notice is that occasionally the taskbar tools shift over to the left quite a ways, have to reboot to get them all justified to the right again.

Otherwise, I do agree that in a small device 8.1 is better for touch, but on a 15" tablet 10 is just fine.

rsmiley0

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I have an HP ZR2740w monitor that I plugged in to my Display dock. The phone is all happy and even says tap here to control the monitor and gives me the next screen that says I should see stuff on the monitor but the monitor never goes on. Every USB device is getting recognized and I how have an ENG in top by my wireless icon. Could I have a bad unit? I know the HDMI cable works.
thanks

rsmiley0

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Finally got mine working on another lower res monitor. I think maybe I have issue on the DVI port as the HDMI port worked just fine. OK. Not as great as I thought, Yet. Apparently all the apps need to be set into Continuium mode. All the basic Phone ones work, but like the main one that I wanted, Remote Desktop, will not work yet. TeamViewer seems to light up, but I don't have that installed in this environment. I was interesting , but not game changing like I thought it might be. Least not yet.

mpeterke

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Dear Anyone-who-can-answer-this,

While using Continuum on Lumia 950, there is an option in the phone's continuum app called "Hide/show Continuum banner" which doesn't seem to do anything. Anybody knows what is it for? I'm using Continuum via the Microsoft Display Dock.

Any help is appreciated.

Tim M

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I can't get it to work.. Got a red light flashing all the time. Phone is not charging either. What can I do wrong? Got a power supply + HDMI + 950XL connected. Restarted the phone allready, but that didn't do the trick. Anyone?

Update; It works! Don't know what I did, but it works now.

Last edited:

nicktramontin

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Continuum works great on my Lumia 950 XL and display dock but when trying to use the Xbox One wireless display app I get a very low resolution 4:3 continuum display rather than the 1080p 16:9 display I was expecting. I can not find anywhere to adjust this and I've tried everything I can think of. I've seen videos from others showing a full screen higher res experience but I'm just not able to get it :( Any ideas?

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I finally got a chance to use Continuum today. I connected my 950XL to it with a keyboard, mouse & monitor. It's now serving as a second PC in my office. Really liking it! So far havent done much but showing it off to my office. LOL!

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I think this thread was originally about Continuum for tablets, to switch between tablet mode and desktop mode. It might make more sense for a separate thread for tips and tricks for Continuum for Phones, wouldn't it?

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I hadn't looked into continuum much as I thought it only worked with a display dock.

I purchased a Minix C that Daniel R wrote about, works nice. But the Continuum app can be launched and if you have a compatible device such as a Dell 2 in 1 you can launch the Connect app and allow the tablet/pc to display your continuum screen wirelessly. You can also use a bluetooth mouse that may be paired to the 2 in 1. Sorta redundant in my mind but if you were planning on a texting spree you could also use the keyboard to type and send with a little more ease I suppose. My thinking is if I have the PC on I might as well just use that, why pair my phone to a working PC to use my phone??

I did use it a bit last night with the dock and a montor with a wifi mouse plugged into the dock, and found that if I went to a website with the Edge browser it pulled up the mobile version which is very grainy. Say Facebook for instance, I was noticing that the display quality was poor, then figured out I was at the m.facebook.com page, so I typed the regular address into the browser and using the normal page the quality was perfect.

My favorites on the phone have the mobile version saved.....just thought I'd point that out in case some others didn't realize that.

IIDXholic

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Before you browse on Edge, make sure you clear your open tabs! I was embarrassed when a xxx site was still up after I opened the browser......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99