Continuum with Groove Music - what am I missing here?

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a 950XL and got the Display Dock from Microsoft to go with it.

I really only have one use case for it, but to me it's an important one - playing my Groove Music content through the TV and so through the home cinema kit connected to it.

I have run into what seems like a show-stopper issue for this use - as soon as the phone screen times out, the music stops playing. And I cannot set the screen timeout interval to any longer than 5 minutes. I thought, ah I can just restart the music from the lock screen, but no, it doesn't allow that :angry:

Am I missing something here? All I want to do is to connect up the phone, start playing an album or playlist, and just leave it playing through my TV, the way I can to a bluetooth speaker, for instance. Thanks for any help you can offer

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Frustrating, yeah. But meanwhile I think the "Blackout for Continuum" app will let you have your phone screen off and prevent it from locking, which should work fine for you.

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
The latest insider build allowed you to set the external screen to never time out, so your can play music without it stopping.

Jimmy Banksss

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
If you go into now playing and fullscreen it doesn't time out (without using any external apps or making any changes to timeout settings anywhere)

I use groove music on continuum and it is 100% like using a full PC (I checked).

That's one of the main uses that I use continuum for. When I am doing something intensive on my laptop, I plug in continuum to my other monitor, to lighten the load on my laptop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven