Resolution with Miracast, how can I change it?

Martin51

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Resolution with Miracast

When using continuum and connecting to my Philips TV with Miracast, the resolution is 576p. Everything is just too big.

How can I change the resolution of continuum ?

Thanks for your help :eek:rly:

Martin51

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
I have now tried with 3 TVs from different brands:
- My Phillips TV: 576p
- Samsung TV: Video format not supported
- 4K LG TV: 720p

I have the latest 10586.107 update. They still have work to do on continuum.

NICK TOALE

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
It's usually the TV that reports its capabilities the max connection resolution is 1080p30. Check how your WiFi Router is configured as it could be using multiple channels thus limiting bandwith to Miracast/WiFi direct. Been using miracast with Windows 10 devices (1520, 950XL, SP3, SP4, Samsung Ativ) with very few issues but I do have my WiFi connection configured on 5Ghz band. If using a dongle the only issues I have had have been with the Microsoft HD10 which is better as a paper weight. Using a MS Wireless Display, Netgear PTV3000 and direct to TV's no issues at all. Not had any issues with Continuum it works really well

Martin51

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Miracast does not need a router but it forms a direct connection from the phone to the TV.
I know continuum works with the adapter but why should I buy an adapter if the TV already supports Miracast.
Maybe the continuum software does not understand the capabilities sent by the TV.
The TV I have is a 55PFL8008 from Phillips. I will post the other TV models with which I tried later.

KimRM

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Do you watch movies with miracast and continuum? If so, how is that working out for you?
I have gave it up because I only get 30 fps, so it's not very enjoyable. When using the dock I get 60 fps but no sound through hdmi(for some strange reason).

It's really bugging me that I have to buy and watch movies on my Macbook air and apple-tv, and not with my Lumia 950 :p I HAVE to find a solution to this!

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: Resolution with Miracast

try to connect miracast to your windows 10 laptop or tablet that support miracast, setting the resolution to the highest normally would be 1080P or 720P, then disconnect from the laptop or tablet. try that on your phone again.
I had that issue to my samsung built-in miracast, and that is how i fix it. the TV is native 1080P, but the built-in miracast only support 720P max, but if I use the MS wirelss display adaptor, it works 1080P. So I assume your TV might be in similar situation

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3