Nexdock customer support experiences?

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone else had to deal with Nexdock customer support?

My unit was defective upon arrival and I arranged an RMA with the Nexdock folks. I sent it back, a week or so later they send me back the exactly same box and unit (they literally just taped over my shipping label), with the exact same defects, only now it's covered in dirt and smudges.

I'm waiting to hear back on what they want to do next, but is this some crazy outlier, or the norm?

robin48gx

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
In the UK you get charged an extra 23.98 pounds for having it delivered outside the country, and threatening letters from the courrier if you do not pay it immediately. I thought it was a scam at first, but nexdock confirmed it was a cost I had to pay. So add an extra 30 dollars or so to the price if you live in the UK?....

Also mine keep loosing the blue tooth connection which means I have to attach a keyboard to the Pi, so really makes the nexdock a bit pointless. Wish I had not bought it.

robin48gx

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
nexdock is a good idea, use the computer that is in your phone/tablet/raspberryPi, it just does not seem to have had the
rough edges smoothed off it.

A problem technically, bluetooth keyboard dropping and
a problem on an organisational level,
extra customs charges (23.98) if you live in the UK....

Last edited:

rory753

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by vedichymn
Has anyone else had to deal with Nexdock customer support?

I had to send my for service. they repackaged it in a separate box, and sent it back. I was having issues with bluetooth connection, and they fixed it.

While i think theres promise in this device, there's definitely a learning curve going on here.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon