Cortana weather in Celsius?

AgentSplurge

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way to change how she shows me the weather? I am in the UK and have changed my region to US so that I can use Cortana but when she shows me the weather it's always in Fahrenheit unless I say 'show me the weather in Celsius'. It's pretty cool that she understands that, but would be better if I could change the default somehow?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
You won't be able to do much about it until Cortana is released in the UK since it's a US only and they use that ancient measuring system.

AgentSplurge

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Argh, that's a pity. It's not that big a deal though, at least I know for sure now. Good job she understands when I ask her in Celsius specifically. Thanks :)

joeltanthuanewe

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
so that means the weather will always be in farenheit? thats lame.... coz aparently its kind associated to my bing weather app and in the weather app i have celcius on... which is weird lol.. hope they fixed it in the final release....

-lumia 920- down under -

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I love the fact that she understands when i say ''convert to celsius''.

Said it the first time around and i was kinda surprised by the her response

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
so that means the weather will always be in farenheit? thats lame.... coz aparently its kind associated to my bing weather app and in the weather app i have celcius on... which is weird lol.. hope they fixed it in the final release....

-lumia 920- down under -

As long as you need to set your phone's region to US to use Cortana, you're gonna be stuck with the imperial measurement systems.

SkyFlyer77

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
If you change the phone's format under the region settings to your own country, Cortana will be still available, still in Farenheit, BUT the calendar displays Celsius...

Rohmish

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
Enable Celcius

TRY THIS
1. Open Region settings (type "Region" in search. It will be first option from control pannel (NOT settings)).
2. Go to Additional Settings at the bottom right corner of the box.
3. Search for Measurement System in the first (Numbers) tab. Should be third last setting option.
4. Change it to Metric Option.
4a. (OPTIONAL) Change Use native digits to Context.
5. Save settings and Restart. (Cortana gave me output in celsius on one laptop but it required restart on other. Your milage may vary.)

NOTE: This method is not perfect. It still gives me farenheit results many times.

Please share your results if this works for you. I am looking for more better way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb