Cortana, Please repeat last text message.....

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft,

If you read here please add this term and allow us to repeat last text message. This happens all the time (yea, and I am on Verizon), where a text message will come in while I am driving, I will try to reply to it and in poor cell coverage it will attempt 2 times then give the "the internet and I are not talking" and quit.

I would like to be able to tell Cortana to repeat the last text message so once back in cell coverage, I don't have to play with my phone a lot...esp when driving...

EDIT: Please vote for this feature !

http://cortana.uservoice.com/forums...8-cortana-please-repeat-the-last-text-message

Last edited:

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I would also welcome this feature, but they need to also stop resetting the Bluetooth volume, in my car, I have to have the BT volume at 30 to be able to hear Cortana, music, etc. at the same volume as the radio... If I happen to restart my phone or get the random, and slightly annoying, hearing warning, the volume gets cut to 13 or 15 and I can't hear anything :(

JSax1

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Oh, it drives me nuts when I get the "hearing damage" warning, especially in the car. It and the volume being reset after rebooting both need to be fixed.

Another annoyance is that after a reboot (or when another app hijacks the audio, which didn't happen in WP7), when I start my music again, it ALWAYS plays the first song alphabetically in my collection before shuffling after that. I've really come to hate that song.

Back on topic, I wish I could ask her to repeat the last message. It should even be more specific, such as "read me the last text from Trey." That would be great.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I'm with you on the hearing damage warning. I get tired of hearing it. Turning up the volume is just plain necessary to hear anything when you already have the hearing damage, lol, like me. I'm 50, so I need it a bit louder. My wife says she can hear my Bluetooth in my ear from across the room. I can barely hear it at times. Well, she is 33, so better hearing than me.

I get the warning is for those kids who listen to loud music all the time, like I did when I was young. My wife says I still do listen to loud music, but it just doesn't sound that way to me anymore. Yeah, I suppose I'll put up with the warning since I only reset no more than once a week usually.

You know, JSax1, I think you have something there on being specific with the text message. It would be nice to specify whose last message to read as well. Especially if you just received several texts from different people in rapid succession. And, contextually, you need to be able to tell Cortana to reply or read message prior to that one in the same thread. After all, the one you're looking for may be several messages back, if the same person sent multiple messages quickly, which some people have a habit of doing.

That would be great. How about someone send a link to this thread to MS and tell them to get to work on it. :)

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I hadn't realised the resetting volume to 13 was a feature, just thought my phone was buggy lol. But it needs to be at 30 to play music via auxillary in my car, there's nothing wrong with my hearing.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Agreed on all points. That volume bug p***es me off frequently! And yeah, repeat message would be great.

However, tip: Using BT in car, issue car command to "Call Cortana." Wait for tone, "Text person that... Message." Saves a huge amount of time and effort.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft if your listening here, Please add this "Please repeat last text message" I see where I could use this feature at least once a day.

Instead I have to pull out my phone while I am driving to look at the last Text that my wife sent me, because it could be important. AND I hate looking at my phone while driving...

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft if your listening here, Please add this "Please repeat last text message" I see where I could use this feature at least once a day.

Instead I have to pull out my phone while I am driving to look at the last Text that my wife sent me, because it could be important. AND I hate looking at my phone while driving...

Not to mention it can also be quite dangerous to pull it out while driving. In some places, there isn't a safe place to pull over.

Also, many places there are now laws against it, and if a police officer sees you with your phone out looking at it while driving, they can pull you over and give you a ticket for it.

Hands free, voice activated functions are not against the law. Cortana needs to fill the gap with so much more than what she does now. She has shown me what a real personal digital assistant could be capable of, and we need her to come full circle the rest of the way.

I understand she should be given much more power over these things in W10, and am looking forward to that. Repeating text messages is a must. Not just the last one, but perhaps, "Cortana, repeat last text message from <contact name>" would be handy as well.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Come on Microsoft please add this, I cant believe this has not been requested before. Something simple to repeat the last text message would be awesome.

People say not to text and drive but, my wife gets ticked off if I don't pick something up for dinner on the way home because I was in weak cell or windows were open when driving...

I get in trouble a lot because I wont text wile driving so please address this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium