Can Cortana remind me if my family/friend is near by?

JoAndRoPo

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I heard there are apps that can I tell you where your family/friends are on the map. (Don't know which apps. Can you suggest me some good ones?)

Is it possible if my family/friend has a windows phone and I can ask Cortana to remind me to tell them about something if they are any where closer to my location?

For example, I want to give my bro a message when he comes home. So instead of writing it down on a note pad, I will tell Cortana to remind me about it. So once my bro is any where closer to my location Cortana will remind me.

Is this possible/worth having such a feature? Or is it already implemented?

Currently Cortana is Alpha in my device.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I've requested this feature from the Cortana feedback tool. The natural language query might be something like "Remind me to tell my brother about the new Call of Duty game next time I see him". Cortana would then create a Bluetooth-based reminder (similar to how she creates GPS/location-based reminders). The next time your phone detects the Bluetooth signature from your brother's phone, Cortana would present the reminder.

This obviously assumes that you've already paired devices (so your phone knows to associate this particular BT signal with a given contact; perhaps contacts in People app could have a section for devices). You would also both need to have Bluetooth on when you see each other. In my experience these are minor issues. I'd have no problem pairing my phone with all of my close friends and family. And more and more people are keeping Bluetooth on for things like headphones, headsets, fitness bands and smart watches (and maybe iBeacons too).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3