Cortana not telling the time anymore

barry223

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
When i ask cortana 'what time is it' or 'what's the time' it won't tell me the time anyore. I just get standard search results. When i ask 'what day is it' it will still tell me the current date. I have this problem since about a week.

I have a Lumia 930 WP 8.1 Denim

barry223

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
That's right. Since about 1,5 months or so this suddenly worked. Before that it was already showing me the time onscreen, but never told it. But now it just gives me standard Bing search results.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Happening to my 930 also. For the past few months she would say the time out loud. Just tried it today and now I get a general time search.

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Confirming that BLU WIN HD with most recent sofware displays the local time and Cortana does say it aloud. Will confirm on 1520 when I get home.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Same here. Irritating. I uninstalled an app that spoke the time on request because Cortana started doing it. Now I have to find that app again.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Awww crap why did I read this......asked Cortana what time it was in any number of ways, even said Cortana tell me the time. All came up web search!!

Unlocked Nokia Lumia 1020 with updated Rogers rom, on Wind.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
What's wrong with the status bar, action center, lock screen, and glance screen?

All of these are useless when the phone is in your pocket. In my case I need to keep an eye on the time at work, as we do Hourly Production Tracking.
How easy it is to tap my headset and ask for the time, rather then reach into my pocket. I would leave my phone out, but in a Factory that is the quickest way to loose it to sticky fingers.

xibartx

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
same here again....asked several ways and all I could get her to say was "here is what I found" with search page for current time...but she did speak so....there is that....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs