Cortana reading time aloud

Stu77

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I've recently applied for a job developing Windows Phones applications at a London company, even though I have Goal Centre in the Windows Phone Store they asked what else can I do. So off I go to quickly try to produce some more apps!

One thing that's bugged me with Cortana is that everytime I ask her "What's the time?" she does a web search and just says "This is what I found" and displays the time. So I have spent the last week putting together an app to enable Cortana to read the time aloud.

As an added bonus I've also included an analogue and LCD clock, you can set the LCD colours, and override the screen lock if you wish. There's also an additional option to quit the application automatically should you launch it via a voice command, handy if you feel like shouting "Hey Cortana, what's the time?" in the middle of the night!

Just a beta at present as there's lots more I want to add to it, but please let me know what you think before I pass this on to my prospective employers!

What's the time? What's the time | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store

Cheers,

Stu

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Sad that such an app is even necessary... however, good app, only thing I would suggest is to try and match the font style of WP with the time images, or maybe add a choice of clock styles.

Stu77

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I'm planning on adding multiple clock styles, and even the possibility of users uploading their own images for the clock face and hands with the ability to share these with the community

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss