Cortana UK available on Windows 10 PC's?

LondonLumia

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, looking for some clarification on something.

I've heard a fair few times that Cortana UK will be available to UK users with Windows 10 on launch, but I haven't actually heard any pre-release users say they've been using the UK version of Cortana. When I watch hands-on videos it always seems to be Cortana US that they're using.

So, just wondering, is anyone using Windows 10 RTM with the British version of Cortana available and working as she would be expected to? Will she be available from July 29th, or will I need to wait a while to get it (without switching region)?

Thanks in advance.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
She said "I thought you would never ask so I have never thought about it".

Very polite so she must be British.

iambengreen

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
It's strange, because when you click on the link which says "Why?" (as in, why is Cortana not available) it brings you to a Bing information box which states it IS available in the UK...contradicting information...

greenberry666

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
It's strange, because when you click on the link which says "Why?" (as in, why is Cortana not available) it brings you to a Bing information box which states it IS available in the UK...contradicting information...

I agree. Cortana on PC was one of the things I was looking forward to. I think I'd actually make use of it rather than having it as a gimmick.

GMScribe

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Same issue here,

I understand in the preview you could sometimes fix by reinstalling the language pack, but as it's the system core it doesn't offer the option. I also noticed that only the US speech service is installed.

This is from a fresh official Windows 10 upgrade.

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm that I have Cortana on a totally UK installation, and also that she has remembered all my interests and info from my phone and my tech preview laptop

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I did a clean install of Windows 10 from the ISO, after doing the upgrade,and Cortana was included in that. The Cortana tile was on the start menu. I can't remember if it was there after the first upgrade though.

iambengreen

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
greenberry666 Microsoft Support called me back today. They told me they are aware of this issue and are working on a patch! So we shall just have to be patient I guess :)

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Strange, I did the upgrade form 8.1 route on my SP3 and she was there. Like you say she 'remembered' all the interests etc, from my phone, as she wasn't available on the preview version I used.

greenberry666

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded from 8.1 and it wasn't included. I do not have a Windows Phone with Cortana set up. Ive now changed my timezone and language and time to USA and Cortana is in the Start Menu :) :) A shame I cant have my PC set up in my own timezone though :(

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Sorry if my original reply sounded a bit jokey, I have three 10 devices and my wife is set up on two and Cortana is working fine on all of them and I am in the UK (Just in case you thought someone with my sense of humour and ability to spell COLOUR correctly could possibly be an American) and like 6029......... .......... all my interests where ported over from my phone.

Jodie Russell1

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I spoke to my dad (a technology wizard and the biggest windows fangirl I know) about it as I'm having the same problem. I upgraded from 7 to 10, but it seems like only upgrades from 8 and clean installs are getting Cortana. I would just wait and hopefully they'll fix it soon :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb