cortana windows 10 and windows phone question?

ioaniro

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I have just updated my surface pro 2 to windows 10 (slightly painful process for some reason but all is well). I have Cortana active on both the surface and the lumia 640. I am trying to use the Remind me option, however when i add a reminder on the computer it only shows on the computer and adding one on the phone only shows on the phone. Both devices are signed in with the same Microsoft account. Is this a known bug (or weird feature)? I also failed linking Cortana to my Office 365 account for some reason. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

jkhill74

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I just found this on a search:

Cortana reminders on Windows 10

Cortana is still adapting to the PC, so right now reminders can't be edited in Windows 10.
Also, reminders can sync only across Windows 10 devices. So if you created one on Windows 10, you'll need to set a new one on your Windows 8.1 phone.

Help from Microsoft

ioaniro

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
So basically they are saying they didn't have time to finish the job and make it cross platform. Hopefully they implement it soon, is a bit pointless to make a quick reminder while working on the computer and then never get that reminder because you're not near a computer during that time :).

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
So basically they are saying they didn't have time to finish the job and make it cross platform. Hopefully they implement it soon, is a bit pointless to make a quick reminder while working on the computer and then never get that reminder because you're not near a computer during that time :).

It is supposed to be cross-device on one platform. You have to have Windows 10 on your phone as well as on your Surface/Laptop/Desktop in order to take advantage of sharing.

It is still in an unfinished state on Windows 10, but don't ever expect it to work cross-platform with WP8.1, as 8.1 is a different OS than 10. They won't sync up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos