Cortana to replace bing search, so....

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
So, Cortana will replace Bing Search as the launched app when hitting the search button. I really like seeing the daily photo with the squares on it and learning something new everyday. Anyone knows if that will be totally decommissioned?

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
And what happens to the QR scanner or "bing vision"? Too many questions left unanswered...

Still there as a lens in the camera app. I think it would make more sense to put a button next to the "Music Search" button in Cortana, but what do I know? (Source = 8.1 emulator)

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
One problem is that those buttons are at the top of the screen. One of WP's strengths is that it seems much less eager to cause RSI in your thumb than Android, by leaving controls at the bottom of the screen. It look like with Cortana they finally put the search bar down there where it always should have been, but now the music search is at the top. Better than before since search is more common, but why is anything up there?

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Technically, Bing search as it is in wp8 is there if you disable cortana :). That being said, I prefer the way it was leaked originally as, quick hit of search is old Bing search, while pressing the button for a longer time brings up cortana... May be time to hit up uservoice once they clean it up a bit with what features are in wp8.1

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Technically, Bing search as it is in wp8 is there if you disable cortana :). That being said, I prefer the way it was leaked originally as, quick hit of search is old Bing search, while pressing the button for a longer time brings up cortana... May be time to hit up uservoice once they clean it up a bit with what features are in wp8.1

I hope we'll be able to say "Cortana, switch to standard Bing, or show me the Daily Bing picture"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss