About Cortana in INDIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuneelBskr

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Heard Cortana will be available sometime in 2015 in INDIA. My question is - Though it may not support the Indian accent properly, still why don't they release it in INDIA aswell ?? Atleast people who has US accent can be benifited by it, isn't it ? Why leave it Unavailable ?:devil::devil::devil:

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Heard Cortana will be available sometime in 2015 in INDIA. My question is - Though it may not support the Indian accent properly, still why don't they release it in INDIA aswell ?? Atleast people who has US accent can be benifited by it, isn't it ? Why leave it Unavailable ?:devil::devil::devil:

Because its still in beta. MS need to experiment Cortana in their native country first so it will be easy to spot basic speech problems and bugs.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The UK doesn't get it until the second half of 2014. A large portion (not just India) don't get it until 2015.

I'm sure there will be plenty of teething problems with Cortana in the US. Let them sort it out there first. There are some pretty bad accents there so if they can satisfy everyone there I'm sure the rest of the English speaking world should be easy. Then again, the UK has some pretty interesting accents....

Pratham Sarwate

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
if you're from India (like i am), you'd probably know how less a time people take to curse technology that " doesn't work properly* ". specially most of the WP owners in India have a friend circle comprising of majority of android handsets and they will start to make fun of them. this in turn will enrage people even more and cortana would be a "flop" in India.
what i feel is that seeing India is such a great market to WP in terms of the number of buyers, they should've brought cortana here this year itself along with Europe by working on it harder.
but either ways, people are gonna curse.
so let's just make peace with it.

*the way they expect it to

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I have a possible solution change country region to U.S. It works in sdk hoping it works in mobile as well.

it wont help much, even if it works,our accents wont be recognised fully :(
its worth a shot though
keep in mind its in beta but im sure itll be a great feature when its out of beta :)

lkishor

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I would love to have cortana with developer preview, at least it should replace current bing setup, do things other than talking and natural language recognition, can atleast search thru my app list as well as internet, and do things which is available under current speech recognition system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petazinta