Cortana as a notebook.

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if there is an app for this but .....

Cortana (C) would take notes

COMMANDS:
Me: Start taking notes / Write this down / Type this down / Note

C: what will the note be called?

Me: Call it Halo / Halo / Name it Halo / Lets call it Halo / ....

Initiate note.

C would remain listening.
All notes would be stored on OneNote.
Sentences would be identified (!.?,) by tones in the users voice or words.
Special punctuations, italics, or bold would need "C (insert command)".
C would understand that certain words , like conjunctions, belong to a proper punctuation.
C can read back sentences, paragraphs, sentences in paragraphs.
Pause and continue note.
Basically, the speech app we have now, but updated.

Me: End note.

C: Ending note and saving to 1note as Halo.

Why not just store it in Word?
OneNote is free and connected to OneDrive.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Think this is an excellent idea and as Cortana matures, there will be apps for this. Currently we don't have always listening Cortana but in future releases with new hardware that may be possible. However, to be able to differentiate between sentences and tones/pitch of the voice, Cortana will need to be way more intelligent than she is right now.

Ankit Nawlakha

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I agree with rockstarzzz..!! Its definitely a cool idea.. But as Cortana is in BETA i doubt that she will have this capability (At least on current hardware)..
But yes.. As she looses the BETA tag we might see this and other Cool and awesome features will be included in Cortana!

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I agree, right now, Cortana is really flakey with taking notes. I mean, I asked her to take down a grocery list and as soon as I paused to think of an item I need, the note taking was over.

This has been discussed at great length internally and it is being looked at.

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I agree with rockstarzzz..!! Its definitely a cool idea.. But as Cortana is in BETA i doubt that she will have this capability (At least on current hardware)..
But yes.. As she looses the BETA tag we might see this and other Cool and awesome features will be included in Cortana!

Definitely want this to happen.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Another thing that would be nice to have in One Note is the ability to use the voice via a bluetooth..As of right now it does not work. Blackberry did a good job to speech note in remember with Bluetooth. For those that are on the road while driving.
Also it would be nice to have a choice when using voice to have it either voice record or voice to writing in One Note. As of right now it is only voice on recorder.

Also there should be a sticky that would ask "what do you want to see for new features" later on. I am sure a lots of idea would come in to give MS some idea

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos