Is Cortana working for for Non_American phones post WP 8.1 ?

Rickosw

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi Friends,

Just updated to WP 8.1 and changed region to America, but Cortana is not available found on the search button... anyone else facing the same issue?

any advice / comments ?

Hawk Tartaros

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Did you change it before or after the update?

And change region language etc to U.S.

Also after the update make sure your phone has the right time and date.
My phones time and date wasn't correct, that's why i could'nt use cortana properly.

Hawk Tartaros

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm from The Netherlands and got all my settings on U.S. long before the update.
It works fine for me.
Had to change the time and date because they where off after the update but once i canged it, it worked perfectly.

Victoroos

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I simply don't get it..everything should be set. However it simply isn't there. In the language setting I see UK and USA. But I can't delete UK...

Jimmy Jangle

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Don't delete UK, hold the US. Select Move up, and restart phone, it should then download the required files. That's what I'm attempting now.

Rickosw

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
make sure you have AMERICAN LANGUAGE & SPEECH & region
Make sure your time & date is correct
Make sure you "enable" cortana

that should work

Sobralobo

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I did a hard reset, choose US, then when going to Cortana she would say she doesn't speak French. I then downloaded the US language and voila. ^^
Too bad they didn't put it even for non US because she understands everything I say to her even though I have to speak English. :(

EDIT: I have my current time and Cortana is working wonderfully. Am I missing something ?

Nirajan Sharma1

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Upgraded, updated all apps, changed to US in Lanugage, Keyboard, Time and Date, & Region. Turned off Location. Restarted and upgaded as the phone asked me to do so (2 times I remember). And bam! Cortana is there. Changed every setting back to India. Working perfectly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss