Cortana's witty replies

PaulSmith9875

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I'm using an 822 and Cortana defaults to a Bing search whenever I ask one of the canned questions.

I'm not going to do a hard reset unless absolutely necessary. Has anybody found a way to get this working? I suspect there won't be any update until the full release if it's a software issue.

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
For those having issues, Ensure these settings match:
• Language: English (US) - Moved to top/Set as default (Requires Reboot)
• Region: United States - Regional Format matches Phone Language (Requires Reboot)
• Speech Language: English (US) (May require update to language pack, reboot)
• Cortana: On

And please, lets stay on topic. If you have further issues, start a new thread if no one hasnt already.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
"Are you pretty?"
"Are you smart?"
"Where is your home?"
"How old is _____ (celebrity name)?" (not witty but neat)
"I'm confused."
"You're funny"

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I really like Cortana's answer. Really looking forward to make a conversation w/ her when the final build is out.
Same, it's really impressive that this is only the beta. Cortana is really going to kick someone's **** when its final build is released! (and no it's not Google Now= =)

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
LOL I like that one even more than the SIRI response. Google Now really need to step it up.. the only thing cool about it is the "ok, google" thing, and I've seen friends trigger that by accident -.-

Briefly Off Topic: Now is info only, and it's commands are split between Google Now & Android Voice Command. Its weird that way. Whereas Siri is more conversational. Cortana is like the best of both worlds.

On topic: It didnt save the screenshot, but Cortana said "The internet and I aren't speaking right now" when i had connection problems.

kdbseattle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I had to hard reset my phone. I had accessed Cortana through the search button the first time.
On my wife's phone though, I made sure to first access Cortana through the app, and NOT the search button, and it worked fine the first time.
Not 100% that's the issue, but a heads up that it may be a factor.

Mattman86

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Open the pod bay doors
What's the answer to the universe?
What are you doing?
How are you doing?
Are you human?
What does the fox say?
Do you like Clippy? (Ask another question and her "Halo" will turn into Clippy from the older version of Office.)

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Wanted to see if she would recognize specific sets of music, was surprised when after I said "Play Holiday Music" she brought up Oh Holy Night. Of course she pulled up Celine Dion instead of Josh Groban but I won't hang her for it.

fallback

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Ask her if she's hot
What is love
Can you dance?
Are you Real
Who is your favorite artist
I am angry

Last edited:

Mattman86

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I though you were dead/Didn't you die?
What is rampancy?/Tell me about rampancy.
Tell me about Dr. Halsey.
Tell me about [anything to do with Halo].
Are you Cortana from Halo?
Do you love Master Chief?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo