Reset Cortana

emptyy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Same here...and for whatever reason, Cortana doesn't chit-chat with me, I assume that is because I hit the home button during the setup, for opening another app, and when I hit the back botton to restore the setting wizard, the screen was gone...

Nipun Dayal

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
same problem with my cell...cortana not responding properly..most of the time it just bing search.. i can only put reminders nd alarms..no chit chatting :(

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
[TIP]Resetting Cortana (Erasing all data and starting over)

In order to reset Cortana and remove all the data she has stored, this is a fairly manual process.
1.Disable Cortana - settings?applications (swipe)?Cortana?Turn off
2.Restart Phone
3.Go to Cortana Settings
4.You should see an option to delete/remove all Cortana data
5.To remove the notes Cortana has taken for you, you will need to go into OneNote (on phone or PC) and look under Personal Web ? Quick Notes
6.Once complete, you can re-enable Cortana and she will be back to a blank slate
[/TIP]

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
[TIP]Resetting Cortana (Erasing all data and starting over)

In order to reset Cortana and remove all the data she has stored, this is a fairly manual process.
1.Disable Cortana - settings?applications (swipe)?Cortana?Turn off
2.Restart Phone
3.Go to Cortana Settings
4.You should see an option to delete/remove all Cortana data
5.To remove the notes Cortana has taken for you, you will need to go into OneNote (on phone or PC) and look under Personal Web ? Quick Notes
6.Once complete, you can re-enable Cortana and she will be back to a blank slate
[/TIP]

Did this. It still doesn't reset Cortana. Now she has forgotten me and she will not ask me anything about myself. There is no way to re-start the initial setup screen. She isn't even asking me my name or my interests.

sachinvermarip

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
To delete local data:
1. Disable Cortana from it's settings.
2. Restart and delete data from Cortana's settings.

To delete could data:
1. Go to your bing account: Bing - General
2. Go to worldwide tab, change location to US.
3. A new tab will appear: "Personalization" on your bing account.
4. Open it and clear Cortana data.

Important: Clear both cloud and local data before enabling her again.

glitch001101

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I've tried sliding the bar to turn off cortana and resetting my phone but it still comes up as on when i go to settings and the delete option isn't there

Valkerie Silk

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Turning Cortana off and restarting my phone (Nokia 1520.3) fixed the problem whereby Cortana was no longer responding to voice commands and doing Bing Searches in place of the voice request such as "Play Music" etc.

ajcam21

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I Ajcam21 have been reading your problems and I think I might have the solution to your problems. You see there is this app called command your Cortana its logo is a big C and some of you might be wondering how may this help me? Well I have the answer for you. Some of you claim that when you say something to Cortana it goes straight to Bing search, well this app tells you all the things you can say to Cortana and she will reply. Once you download this app it will give you command of the day everyday but when you go to its full screen you will see all the commands that you never knew you could ask and I GUARANTEE you it will never go on Bing search with a command your Cortana command ever again:angel:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon