Cortana is missing

eharris560

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a 1520, and I live in the US. I can't find Cortana on my phone I soft reset the my phone three times already. Does anyone know how I can get her on my phone.

fallback

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Check your Keyboard if it's English if not change it to English United States. Also do the same in Language and Region. If after changing all of it and still no sign or cortana, try removing English in your keyboard and then re-add it back and your phone should update. If not check phone updates. This worked on my Lumia 520

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if you checked this already, but go to Settings->Applications->Cortana. And make sure it is "On". I had to do this when I updated my 1520.

Rob Rowland

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure you're on 8.1? Both my gf and I had updated our phones only to find we had to check for updates again to get 8.1.

Sent from my Lumia 1020

0flop0

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Check to see if there is another phone update waiting to download. Mine did one update and finished, then I thought it was totally complete and didn't see Cortana. Then I went to see if there was another phone update and saw a message that my phone was out of storage space, so I deleted stuff and did the second part of the update. ... HTC 8X.

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, same for me too. Make sure you have 8.1 installed. When I updated this morning, I actually had two updates. The first update was for "8.0.xxx". Don't remember the exact version number, the the description said "this will make it easier to update to Windows Phone 8.1". After that is completed, you need to check for updates again and it will download 8.1

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I have checked the clock settings, and downloaded both updates (8.0.xxxx and 8.10.xxxx) successfully. All other Windows Phone 8.1 functions are available but Cortana is still missing. On my HTC 8X I noticed that even thou I have added English (United States) to my languages, I can't seem to get English (US) to be sett as the "Phone Language" setting... I am suspecting this is why I can't find Cortana anywhere.

I am trying a factory reset of the phone now.. perhaps then I can change the "Phone Language" to US...

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I got to the welcome-screen on the device now. Here I see that my phone does not contain English (United States) as one of the languages I can choose from. I now suspect that my modell from HTC lacks this language-pack.. and that this is why I can't get "Phone Language" to be US :/

henry.gray

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I got to the welcome-screen on the device now. Here I see that my phone does not contain English (United States) as one of the languages I can choose from. I now suspect that my modell from HTC lacks this language-pack.. and that this is why I can't get "Phone Language" to be US :/

Your not alone, there have been a few others that live in the US that have not been able to get Cortana on the 8X apparently this is something to stock ROM on the handset. Maybe you will have to wait till another update is released or checking around the forums.

msxbox

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
also missing in my instructions pin the cortana app to the start screen then click it to setup Cortana, I hadn't done this and Cortana worked great anyway

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05