Cortana News (Coming from the inside) (OP being updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deofol

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Let me enlighten you all who come after me.

You can ask for anything, and *RIGHT* now you can get an answer.

It takes 3 clicks to install visual studio 2013... For free.\n\r
Code:
string YourStory = "everything, like evar";

// You could alter YourStory here
YourStory += "wow, something new!";

YourStory @= "Its good to have 

control";

if (this == true)
{
     foreach (Human h in God)
    {
         System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine(h.YourStory);
    }
}

Cortana must be crowd sourced. For the better of us all; world sourced.

Last edited:

ReconVirus

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Are we gonna get the option to manually input work schedules? Would be awesome.

I work part time so I am always filling in for someone. I don't have a set schedule besides Friday and Saturday when I have to work graveyard. Would be nice is Cortana at least reminded me about those days seeing how it never changes for me.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Crowd-sourcing sounds awesome! Or at least if you could submit what you would like to be enabled, and then a team at MIcrosoft could go through and screen out the perverted or factually incorrect questions/answers and then enable whatever was feasible with the current API.

drtek

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm still trying how to get traffic to work. And for whatever reason, it says nothing bout my reminders, or that I should leave now for work.

vitor.rf

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I work part time so I am always filling in for someone. I don't have a set schedule besides Friday and Saturday when I have to work graveyard. Would be nice is Cortana at least reminded me about those days seeing how it never changes for me.
I work part time, at different hours per day. I saved my workplace as work in my places.

On fridays, i go from work straight home (college on the other days), and every time I hit cortana after a while i'm there on fridays, she shows the route home. And she even warned me once, half an hour past my work time, when i was working extra that day.

Took a while for that to happen though.

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm still trying how to get traffic to work. And for whatever reason, it says nothing bout my reminders, or that I should leave now for work.

I find this only works when traffic is really bad. If it was and it still hasn't worked, then you might just have to play the waiting game. I didn't do anything else besides defining my work and home address in Places in Cortana settings. Cortana seems to work in the background monitoring you daily movements to work and home. Also make sure Cortana is allowed to run in the background in Battery Saver.

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Talderon, I know this might take up a lot of resources and might eat through some battery life but how about Cortana not being limited to just the search screen. This is something for the future or high end phones only. But how about Cortana being always on and able to execute commands even when your in another app simply by voice activation or some other means. Something similar to Xbox One's command "Xbox record this." while playing a video game but for WP while reading a news article in a news app, it'll be like "Cortana do a seach for ...." whatever other cool stuff people can think of. I don't expect a feature like this any time soon though. Unless you guys already beat me to the punch.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Talderon, I know this might take up a lot of resources and might eat through some battery life but how about Cortana not being limited to just the search screen. This is something for the future or high end phones only. But how about Cortana being always on and able to execute commands even when your in another app simply by voice activation or some other means. Something similar to Xbox One's command "Xbox record this." while playing a video game but for WP while reading a news article in a news app, it'll be like "Cortana do a seach for ...." whatever other cool stuff people can think of. I don't expect a feature like this any time soon though. Unless you guys already beat me to the punch.

key difference...Xbox One does not run off of a battery...

kensyd

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
This would be a great change making Cortana much more useful in any situation when using Bluetooth and limited cell / network coverage. I ran into this when mountain biking in a remote area; being able to reply when connectivity resumes would save me from stopping, getting my phone out of my pack, etc. It would also make hands-free driving safer. +1020!!

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Will there be anyway to organize the order of the stuff that is added? I would like the weather and my company's stock info near the top when I open Cortana....entertainment news and other crap can sit near the bottom.

I can't seem to figure out how....if there even is a way...

Talderon, The ability to re-order cards. The weather card shows up at the bottom when I want to move it to the top.

:winktongue:

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Also, if you missed a notification, you could ask Cortana: Hey Cortana, tell me my missed notification. She could say: You have 1 facebook notification, 2 twitter...etc. And if it was a text then she would read it and ask you to reply or done. And a call, she would ask want to call back?

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Right now, you have to say Cortana like you say Xbox for those features. Debate is still going on if Cortana will replace the Xbox activation.

Cortana WILL be the name across all 3 platforms.

With the overwhelming POSITIVE reactions from people (gamers and non-gamers alike), the Cortana name isn't going anywhere!!

Just curious, but would it not be possible to use BOTH names? Cortana and xbox as activation words? not sure the technical limitations, and im sure most xbox gamers would prefer to say "cortana" but those that aren't gamers and just want the xbox one for their prime media drive (one of the ways that xbox one was marketed as) may feel "silly" saying "Cortana On" to turn their device on and such.. if possible, I would think both should be used... just feedback from a little windows and xbox one user :)

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Talderon, The ability to re-order cards. The weather card shows up at the bottom when I want to move it to the top.
This. And, could you start giving us the option to choose our specific news sources? The news feeds she gives us are rather unorganized.

For example, if I want news about Windows Phone, I have the option to only have it from Windows Phone Central and, say, Paul Thurott's Supersite for Windows. Just let us add the URLs manually, if you ever do decide to include it.

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
I wish this thread would die. It was supossed to be Talderon letting us know a little of what was going on and it turned into people just saying what they would like to see. Theres already several threads that do that.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I wish this thread would die. It was supossed to be Talderon letting us know a little of what was going on and it turned into people just saying what they would like to see. Theres already several threads that do that.

I understand your point, but with Talderon coming to this thread and reading what we would like to see, he can then report back to MS.

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
thats true good point. I just wish he would give us a little more info every other day or when he knows something

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
thats true good point. I just wish he would give us a little more info every other day or when he knows something

Yeah it would be nice for Talderon to put more info! But even with what Talderon gave us as info, it's great!

Also, did you guys read the article that WPCentral came out with Cortana being updated twice a month!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre