Does Cortana currently track packages?

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I manually entered a fedex tracking number into cortana notebook, but have no idea how to get her to check the status for me.

What is the voice command to have her update you on the package?

segadc

Apr 12, 2008
Visit site
Yes Cortana has stopped tracking packages for maybe two weeks now. I hope they get it back soon. One of my favorite features.

ajj3085

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
The feature works, but I have to enter it in the notebook. It doesn't seem to work automatically from emails.

Ya same here. Manually entered works fine, but determining from emails doesn't. I hope it comes back and wasn't removed because some dummies were crying about privacy.

StaticXCC

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Ya same here. Manually entered works fine, but determining from emails doesn't. I hope it comes back and wasn't removed because some dummies were crying about privacy.

Privacy is a valid issue that hardly deserves name calling. This is why Microsoft has privacy OPTIONS that you can select and deselect.

With that said, in the privacy settings in Cortana, under Flights and More, it specifically mentions it should be able to DETECT tracking info... so I'm just assuming that feature is broken atm.

ajj3085

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Privacy is a valid issue that hardly deserves name calling. This is why Microsoft has privacy OPTIONS that you can select and deselect.

With that said, in the privacy settings in Cortana, under Flights and More, it specifically mentions it should be able to DETECT tracking info... so I'm just assuming that feature is broken atm.

Privacy is a serious issue, but most of the crying about Windows 10 and privacy has been seriously uninformed and ignores the fact that there are indeed settings (or flat out stated as they don't really do anything).

I'm aware of the wording, but given how long this has not been working and that it's a prominent feature, its possible it was disabled but they forgot to change the UI (or perhaps can't at the moment).

ajj3085

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
it automatically adds it sometimes, but they dont really appear often in the card list. eh.

Oh, when I first started with Win10, it'd show up in the card list automatically. Was really impressive, even though it was limited to showing only two cards at time, even if more were being tracked. But now, nothing. I wish I needed to book a flight to see if that's still working or if she's just not scanning my emails anymore. I'm not sure if it matters, but my email is on my own Exchange server (I run a domain network at home). Thought maybe there was a change to not scan Exchange server accounts. That would be disappointing if not configurable.

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
same issue here. nothing seems to be getting scanned from my e-mails. packages used to work a long long time ago, though

Dune 74

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
It works for those who are using Windows 10 OS, not sure about it working on the 8 OS. Even adds packages in route sometimes to calendar. All though it has only done this a few times for me when I order from Amazon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa