Cortana travel schedule

moserftbl88

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
So I know it says with Cortana she's supposed to update you when you should leave for flights, meetings, and work. My question is with the work part, do you have to have it in your calendar when you work for her to update you on it?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Lol some of us say yes and some of us say no :confused: Haha however I'm currently testing out the calender theory so as soon as I know sth I will tell you :)
Unless someone else helps you before I do lol
It took her a day to find out where I live after installing so this one shouldn't take that long :)

mondokjm

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
From my experience with it, as long as you have a consistent schedule, Cortana will learn it. If you start work at a different time every day it would probably be best to input your schedule as a reminder in your calendar. However, I'm not sure if Cortana will automatically bring up the traffic information.

For example, the day I updated to 8.1 I set my home and work address. After 3 or 4 days of tracking my location Cortana picked up on my daily routine and began prompting me with traffic information for my morning commute without me having to input any other information.

poots1101

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
like mondokjm said, i did the same thing. i entered in my home and work addy on day 1 and it took cortana awhile for her to learn my habits (when i leave, etc). and since sometimes i work from home it took her a little longer than others on this forum, but today was my first day of her prompting me when to leave. per another thread on this forum stuff like flights and shipping info is currently being tested internally and shouldn't be too long for it to go live.

Jeremy Bossom

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Is there a feature or option to tell Cortana to notify me to leave earlier than what the predicted travel time is to get to a destination on time? I like to be where I'm suppose to be 10ish minutes before I'm suppose to be there. Parking is a real hassle at most of the places that I need to go where I live.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon