Just updated my phone and Cortana isn't installed.

Joseph Pellegrino

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone!

I just updated my phone to 8.1 in hopes of trying Cortana but I went to go look and the application isn't present. I live in the United States and all my settings are set accordingly. I restarted my phone but there is still nothing. I have the HTC 8XT. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Bashar Awwad

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
HTC windows phones don't have the U.S. ROM installed so u cannot get cortana no matter what u do. You will have to wait till they release it to the UK because that's the pre installed ROM we have.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
HTC windows phones don't have the U.S. ROM installed so u cannot get cortana no matter what u do. You will have to wait till they release it to the UK because that's the pre installed ROM we have.
I thought the 8xt was a us only handset? Surely it will have a us rom being a us only phone not have a Europe rom on it? Anyways as previously stated check in your about section and see if it reads 8.1 not 8.0

Bashar Awwad

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Oh I didn't know it was a US only device,if so then I guess the 2 remaining things to do are check if it is 8.1 and if it is change region and language to US if they aren't already

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb