Scheduled Text Message Reminders

Binson#WP

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
While I am loving the Reminders feature in Cortana, I think the addition of the ability to send Text Message reminders on my behalf would be terrific.

Telling Cortana to send a reminder to one of your contacts via text message at a scheduled time would be very helpful. Users can have Cortana message their loved ones to remind them to take their pills, buy groceries, take the meat out of the fridge to be defrosted, etc. - All by scheduled text message reminders.

Currently, Cortana reminds me to send these messages. If she could send them automatically, that would be very helpful.

Would anyone else be interested in this functionality? Any ways to improve this functionality that you can think of?

Cheers

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Who wouldn't like this? Great idea. Microsoft needs to hear this as well.

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Sounds useful!

A related idea would be to have their Cortana pick up that maybe it should add that as a reminder to their phone. An alternate of that of course, the ability to send reminders straight to a family member's Cortana (like, remind Mom to get Chocolate Milk when she gets to a grocery store) LOL :p

EssThree

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
So what you're saying is you'd ask Cortana to text someone at a later point in time, rather than immediately? Like say "Cortana send a delayed text to Sarah"
then she asks when you want the text sent and then you say "6pm today" or "when I get home", then she asks the content of the message, confirms all the information is correct and then says "OK, I will text Sarah 'Don't forget to bring the DVD' when you arrive home. Is that correct?"

Because if that's what you mean, that sounds awesome and I would love the heck outta that!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
App in the Air does this...

You have to get each person on the Text Alert list to authenticate their number and Opt-In by sending you the code they received and then you input it into the App. In other words, you have to authenticate that the person using that phone number agrees to receiving machine generated messages.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism