Cortana volume

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way to turn up the volume on Cortana only. I swear the volume on Cortana seems far below average for me. Anyone thinks so too?
Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Link Kadeshi

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I wish I could have her activation chime to a louder volume. When I activate my motorcycle's bluetooth communicator to get her prompt, I can't hear her chime on my motorcycle.

redbackground

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Drives me crazy, too. I always tend to keep my game volume very quiet/almost off, and I always have to re-crank the volume back up to hear Cortana. It's hardly a pressing matter, but it's still something I'd like extra control over.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
It's tied to the games/media volume slider. I have no problem with how it is now on my 820. How's the volume on your 1520?

If I'm listening to music on Bluetooth and she decides to ask if I need her to read a text message she's almost inaudible compared to the music. I have to crank the volume to the max to hear her.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Music is always going to be louder than a voice, especially today's music which seems to be mastered to sound loud on tinny cheap earbuds. There's no real way around the difference in volumes unless they also crank Cortana's voice to insane levels.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Music is always going to be louder than a voice, especially today's music which seems to be mastered to sound loud on tinny cheap earbuds. There's no real way around the difference in volumes unless they also crank Cortana's voice to insane levels.

I'm aware of this but Cortana is extremely low. I used to use Siri on the same Bluetooth system and Cortana makes me have to crank her up to ridiculous levels. Even when it's just out of the regular phone speakers I barely hear her ding to recognize when to speak to her.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
What I don't understand is why Cortana's volume control is even part of the regular volume. Just because I put my phone on vibrate doesn't mean I want to mute her voice. What's the purpose of a muted assistant?

Alexandru Isfan

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
right click on your volume icon, go to playback devices, select communications, you will see your problem right there, check "do nothing" or what you preffer...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise