Cortana And Contacts

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I am kind of surprised that there isn't more integration between Cortana and contacts (well, the People app).
In thinking about what a personal assistant would do, the thought of what someone's spouse's name is came to mind.
So, I asked Cortana "What is Kris Jackson's wife's name?" (Kris is my dad and my mom's name is in the Significant Other field).
First of all, it spelled Kris as Chris, and it did an internet search.
I thought that it might have just been the spelling, although it seems like it could identify the contact and make the spelling correction.
Then, I asked "What is Deb Jackson's husband's name?" (Deb is my mom and my dad's name is in the Significant Other field).
It, also, brought up an internet search.
I looked at both contacts, just to make sure the Significant Other fields were populated (and they were).
Then, I thought that Cortana couldn't identify "wife" and "husband" as Significant Other.
I asked "What is Deb Jackson's significant other's name?" and it did an internet search, again.

So, is this way beyond the scope of what should be expected?
It seems like a very logical use for an assistant (I ask my wife the same types of questions, all the time).
I'm trying to utilize Cortana, but she hasn't been much more of a benefit than dictating a text message.
JJ

Splacknuk

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I have noticed that Cortana does automatically have contact names in her "dictionary" for when I'm using the swipe keyboard. I thought that was pretty impressive. I was showing my boss, and it had her somewhat unique name in there automatically for me when I first noticed. I checked more names, and they all appear to be in the dictionary. That's kinda cool!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)