May 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm in Canada and recently updated my phone to 8.1 Update developer preview. When I try to activate Cortana, She just say: "Sorry, I can't speak your language right now"

My Region is set to English Canada and language to English US. Not sure what to do... Any idea?

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Are you using 8.1 Update 1? If not, it's not gonna work.

You can set both region and language to English Canada, restart and it should work.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Oh that's strange. Maybe your carrier removed it. I've had that happen on one of my previous phones.

Anyhow, maybe that's why it's not working. Maybe you need to have both English US or English Canada for it to work?

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm in Canada and recently updated my phone to 8.1 Update developer preview. When I try to activate Cortana, She just say: "Sorry, I can't speak your language right now"

My Region is set to English Canada and language to English US. Not sure what to do... Any idea?
Unless Fahrenheit bothers you, I suggest you use the U.S version of Cortana (change the region to the U.S; keep region format to Canada). Why? More features, more useful.

Matt Fara

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
What sort of features and usefulness does Cortana have in the US over Canada?
I was having this same issue, you need to go to settings > language, and add English (Canada)

LordCanuck

Banned
Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I have learned it all depends upon the Canadian carrier. Rogers, Bell, Fido, etc. My Cortana works ONLY if I reset both region and language to US, which absolutely sucks since I despise the US.

PimpBot5001

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
A question for anyone using the Alpha version of Cortana in Canada... Jen Taylor's voice reverted to an emotionless robot voice on my phone within the last few days. Has anyone else encountered this problem?
Note that I'm using wifi. I can't test it on a dataplan because I don't have one.

PimpBot5001

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Let me rephase my question... Is Cortana working correctly for anyone? More specifically, are you hearing Jen Taylor's voice? (as opposed to a robotic/emotionless voice).

I signed up for a data plan hoping that would fix the problem...but it didn't.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo