Is there official Cortana in UK?

Stephen Bennett1

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I keep seeing people talking about Cortana in the UK how they've downloaded it and it was available couple of weeks after July? But I can not find it anywhere to download the actuall app not a developer I want a real version is everyone talking rubbish or have I missed something coz its a long time past July

broughshane

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
There either using the app "preview for developers" from the phone store ! all you need is MS e mail account and your good to go (there no rocket scientist skill needed, when you sign up just hit check for updates manually) or they've the cyan update and all there phone settings set to American English, language,keyboard region.

broughshane

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Go to the phone store and download the app "preview for developers" use your MS mail account to sign in and then manually check for updates. ( if you have cyan on your phone it will update you to 8.1.1 and give you cortana ) also cortana is in only certain countries at the present time now..

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I know there are several thread about this... but I have 'normal' cortana, and I'm in the UK.
It turned up on its own after the 8.1 update a couple of months ago.

broughshane

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Can I ask what network your on ? just that O2 push out the update (about a week ago now) which contained the cortana build.. just wondering if your on a different network and if its behind the seams updating itself .

Last edited:

Tyranade

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm in UK and got the Cyan update and everything set to UK and I got the "normal"Cortana the minute I downloaded the update on the 16/10, the very same day that I got my 930 which is a sim free phone (unbranded) . To answer your question, yes, there is official Cortana in the UK - I'm one of them.
I'm Pay as you go on Three UK.

Swisschoc

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
If you are running a mobile with the Cyan update you should have the option to activate Cortana in settings in the applications tab. Think that the only phones available with this function are all the newish models etc 930, 830, 730, 735,630,635 and 530 and even then you need to have the Cyan update installed.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Actually, only the 830 and 730 come with Cortana in the UK (unlocked by GDR1). The 930 has gotten the 8.1.1 update and therefore now has Cortana

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon