Why is passive voice activation of Cortana limited to some devices?

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
why is passive voice activation of cortana limited to some devices

the android one phones like micromax canvas a1 with a mediatek processor has this feature of voice activation of google now.....then why we have this limitations.....yes i know that both are not same but i think windows phones deserves better

mayblast

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: why is passive voice activation of cortana limited to some devices

The cpu MS uses for their low/mid-range devices does not support such feature?

ReconVirus

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

This is why not everyone is going to get a true windows phone 10 upgrade. Because not every phone as a certain CPU that can handle what windows phone 10 will provide

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

Cortana was an idea that mostly took shape after the wp8.0 devices were launched and therefore it's easy to understand why the companies did not take the necessary steps to provide all phones with the hardware to take advantage of the voice activation option... I would like to think that moving forward all phones will have the minimum required hardware to actually use that option or MS could also decide that this option will only be available to the mid to high end devices. That would be a smart move as it would provide an incentive for users to actually leave the low level handsets and set their sights higher, but it could also upset a lot of loyal users...

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Cortana was an idea that mostly took shape after the wp8.0 devices were launched and therefore it's easy to understand why the companies did not take the necessary steps to provide all phones with the hardware to take advantage of the voice activation option... I would like to think that moving forward all phones will have the minimum required hardware to actually use that option or MS could also decide that this option will only be available to the mid to high end devices. That would be a smart move as it would provide an incentive for users to actually leave the low level handsets and set their sights higher, but it could also upset a lot of loyal users...

yeah it would definitely upset many customers.....as we know for any OS budget users are of more market share than the high end models

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site

the android one phones like micromax canvas a1 with a mediatek processor has this feature of voice activation of google now.....then why we have this limitations.....yes i know that both are not same but i think windows phones deserves better

Most likely performance problem and battery limitation causes this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss