Cortana not found after Denim update

Indra Krisnadi

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello...
Why Cortana in my Lumia 520 (Indonesia) did not show up after I update to Lumia Denim?
I change the regions, languages, and speech to US. After restarting the phone, Cortana does not appear. I tried to change regions, language and speech to the UK. Still the same too, Cortana is not in the list of applications.

I check in Application Settings, Cortana is not appear both in the region of the US and UK.

Please help...

This is the screenshot of regions, languages, and speech settings:
wp_ss_20141227_0001[1].jpg

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Sorry my mistake I checked under 1520.
Anyhow if the software version settings and settings are correct should work.

What if you hold the search button (right side of window button this also should activate cortana)
Or push the search button and type Cortana..

Brian Holmgren

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I can't get Cortana with Denim (on Lumia 620 Norway CV). Tried everything with US English settings but no Cortana.

When she first came to WP I change the same settings and I had Cortana. After a while I switch back to Norwegian settings and now I wanted to use Cortana but I can find a way to activate her.

Does anyone know how, if it's possible at all, to get Cortana with Denim?

Brian Holmgren

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes it is.
Double check your settings with below list.

Have checked, these settings does not give me access to US Cortana from Norway. It worked before but not now.

I have the same OS required for Deutschland, Espa?a, France and Italia, 8.10.14219.341, but I can't get Cortana with US settings.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Are you sure that you down loaded the correct (speech) language.
When I installed Denim my speech setting was gone.

Aziz Abdurachman

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I'm using Lumia 620 in Indonesia, before OS update to Denim, that my os version is still 8.10.12393.890, I still can activate cortana by simply changing region and language to US, but now after update to 8.10.14219.341 she's not there anymore. I have tried to change region & language to UK, Canada, Australia & India, but nothing works.

I was not in developer preview, and then I tried to install and registered as developer preview, but still can't see her again.

nomanquadri

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
This happened to me on my 1520 too, I had Cortana on my Cyan, but then I changed my language settings. Reverting back wouldn't bring back Cortana. Even after the denim update. In Cortana settings, it said it was disabled due to company policy.
Had to hard reset to get Cortana back.

So did you guys change your settings before or after the Denim update. That might be the reason Cortana doesn't show up. A hard reset is probably the only solution.

nomanquadri

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I can't get Cortana with Denim (on Lumia 620 Norway CV). Tried everything with US English settings but no Cortana.

When she first came to WP I change the same settings and I had Cortana. After a while I switch back to Norwegian settings and now I wanted to use Cortana but I can find a way to activate her.

That's what I am talking about. Seems you shouldn't change your settings even once after you have Cortana or you lose it for good. Even updating to Denim doesn't help. Hard reset might be the only solution.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss