I love how Cortana gives me news updates--but the truth is I'm sick of the main source being FOX NEWS. On the news app, you can edit the sources of your news, is there anyway to do this on Cortana? I haven't found it. It seems on the live title Cortana is always showing me FOXNEWS updates--I think she might be trolling.
    stevonmfl likes this.
    01-18-2015 04:03 AM
    I don't believe you can, you can only set the type of news.

G.
    01-18-2015 11:37 AM
    I don't believe you can, you can only set the type of news.

G.
    So it's a bit like in MSN News where you can't change the featured news? Ludicrous.
    Joseph Anthony2 likes this.
    01-20-2015 10:06 AM
    If anyone from Microsoft sees this thread--I think this would be a great feature added to Cortana. I don't know why but every single news update I see on the live tile from Cortana is from Fox News and at this point Im about to make Cortana the smallest icon possible. I simply dont want to see that garbage news site bashing Obama every 25 minutes.
    stevonmfl likes this.
    01-22-2015 11:54 AM
    If anyone from Microsoft sees this thread--I think this would be a great feature added to Cortana. I don't know why but every single news update I see on the live tile from Cortana is from Fox News and at this point Im about to make Cortana the smallest icon possible. I simply dont want to see that garbage news site bashing Obama every 25 minutes.
    Your best bet is to create feedback on Uservoice: Cortana Feedback - the official feedback site for MS.

As for Fox News, I got to admit I occasionally watch it for it's comedic value...

G.
    stevonmfl and Joseph Anthony2 like this.
    01-22-2015 02:28 PM
    I wish I had your problem, mine is always the Huffington Post, Fox News would be great.
    Tom Burke, romant56 and Chris D3 like this.
    01-26-2015 12:29 PM
    I wish I had your problem, mine is always the Huffington Post, Fox News would be great.
    I think Cortana is trolling us. I would be much more satisfied with HuffPost.
    01-26-2015 08:22 PM
    So is this still not possible? I'm at the point where I'm willing to give up Cortana if she shows me another Fox "News" headline.
    stevonmfl likes this.
    02-18-2015 02:33 PM
    Yeah.. I need it to alter up the newsfeeds it's providing me.. holy cow, can I not get it to show me just AP, Washington Post & NYT? I'm getting like AOL, FoxNews and occasionally oddball blogs. What the hell. There needs to be a way to just pick sources, and if it'd support adding in subscribed sources that would be good too.
    stevonmfl and mary beth hale like this.
    04-01-2015 09:42 AM
    Why dont you all just turn the headlines off in cortana and go to the news source you want to see. problem solved. Also Obama should be bashed at the minimum every 20 minutes.
    04-01-2015 02:49 PM
    My problem is that I get HuffPo, NYT, CNN, and other liberal trash, and rarely ever get any Fox News articles, and Fox is my preferred source.

Yeah, stating the sources of news you would/would not like to see would be a great improvement, and should be part of her getting to know you. Like if you could long press on a news article and select, "Do not show news from this source" or "Always show news from this source" so that she can learn your preferences.
    04-01-2015 03:46 PM
    would also like to have sources that I can customize to my preferences. msnbc,HuffPost, NYT, Wired.
    04-05-2015 08:51 AM
    I still get my news from the town crier.
    04-05-2015 09:11 AM
    I still get my news from the town crier.
    hear ye, hear ye...
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-05-2015 10:00 AM
    Racism is not tolerated on this blog.
    06-29-2015 03:13 PM
    The issue is much deeper than simply news choices. By using Microsoft's Cortana-Fox, we are reading and paying for terrorist propaganda - some more blatant than others. Some may feel justified in their racist beliefs and murderous actions when supported by so-called Fox "news professionals".
    The linkage between terrorist cops and church massacres together with armchair instigators like Fox (aka Faux News) is becoming clear. Nokia, Samsung and other non-Apple devices use Microsoft's Cortana-Fox. Apple and Blackberry do not.
    If you want to be an active part of moving USA forward as one nation under an all-loving God, help end Cortana-Fox propaganda, speak up and speak loudly to Microsoft, Samsung, T-Mobile, Verizon, ATT, etc and let them know their use of such propaganda supports terrorism, racism and divides our nation. And that you will put your money elsewhere. Then buy Apple or Blackberry. If enough people do this (I am) the nonsense here and on other products will stop. Money is their bottom line…even before race hatred.
    Last edited by stevonmfl; 06-29-2015 at 06:54 PM. Reason: incomplete
    06-29-2015 03:32 PM
    Likewise, but in reverse - I would like to remove "news" sources like Huffington Post. I have no idea how that ended up qualifying as a "news source", but please let me choose to select ACTUAL news separate from yellow journalism.
    Tom Burke likes this.
    06-27-2016 10:46 PM
    What a coincidence - I'm ready to give up Cortana if she shows me one more piece of liberal garbage!
    Tom Burke likes this.
    06-27-2016 10:48 PM
    Unfortunately, Huffington Post is not really "news", dude. You'd be better off purchasing The National Enquirer at the checkout stand.
    Tom Burke likes this.
    06-27-2016 10:48 PM
    Funny, I watch MSNBC and Huffington Post for comedic value. I think most people do. You're in the dying minority.
    Tom Burke likes this.
    06-27-2016 10:50 PM
    PLEASE stop Huffington Post in my feed! It doesn't qualify as NEWS! Please!
    Tom Burke likes this.
    06-27-2016 10:51 PM
    02-19-2017 04:43 PM
    You can't stop any from showing up in your feed, but you can stop what you don't want showing up for the three headlining news sources, under the heading "Top News". Just tap on the three dots in the upper right hand corner and you get the option to mute that source. Sadly, they will still be there when you select "search for more news on Bing", but at least you don't see any of the ones you don't want on the live tile.
    02-20-2017 03:50 PM