Come here often?

WPit

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

Just wondering, Cortana on Friday started asking me randomly if I "come here often?" and showing such places on map. Places are spot on, I mean, one was the gas station I'm always at, but it is not "flagged" as a favorite place (in places - her notebook). So, as I understood this, Cortana wants to make sure I should have these other places as favs. She also asks if I want a nickname for those in the same sentence.

May I ask: is that new back-end stuff or you guys have already seen her "behaving" like this before? Cheers! ; )

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
When u frequently travel between two locations cortana auto interprets it as ur work to home or a usual routine like that. It will then ask u whether it is the car ;)

WPit

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm afraid, Athull, this is not the case. By the way, the question comes in the middle of the personalized cards screen.

Last edited:

WPit

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
And, when she came up with the question (and only happened cause I accessed her environment), I wasn't at the gas station nor the other place, which I didn't figure out where was, cause I didn't bother. But the second question was about the gas station address clearly. Two questions so far.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
And, when she came up with the question (and only happened cause I accessed her environment), I wasn't at the gas station nor the other place, which I didn't figure out where was, cause I didn't bother. But the second question was about the gas station address clearly. Two questions so far.

You don't need to be there for her to ask it.
She asked me the same when I frequented between my two homes.
And yes it can be seen only in the cortanas personalized pages screen.
Its just that if u travel between Two points irrespective of where for quite frequently cortana will eventually ask this question when u access her. Its basically trying to learn from ur behavior and give personalized traffic data and route between the places.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Capture it. Give it a nickname, "Gas Station," for example. Cortana is trying to help.

Then you can say, "Remind me to get a gallon of milk at the Gas Station." And you have your geofenced reminder.

BTW - I read the thread title and immediately thought; "What's a nice phone like you doing in a place like this?"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes