Hey cortana feature not present - Updated Lumia 1520(india) to denim

divesh kothari

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I updated my Lumia 1520 yesterday to Lumia Denim. I got cortana but, I dont have "Hey Cortana" settings. I have changed language speech and region to U.K. I stil do not see the Hey Cortana feature(its not there in the main phone settings, nor is it there in Cortana settings). Please help

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Try this ..
Region: India.
Language: English UK.

Cortana alpha is already available for India so no need to change the region.
Just change the language.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I updated my Lumia 1520 yesterday to Lumia Denim. I got cortana but, I dont have "Hey Cortana" settings. I have changed language speech and region to U.K. I stil do not see the Hey Cortana feature(its not there in the main phone settings, nor is it there in Cortana settings). Please help

Hey cortana is an app so try below link.
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/hey-cortana/68a0d9b5-be5f-40a1-be88-4e6c4e3cad8e.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/hey-cortana/68a0d9b5-be5f-40a1-be88-4e6c4e3cad8e

And for settings see
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...vailable/1b94c48b-20a4-483f-8aee-3fde582aecd4

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have Hey Cortana in the settings of my Lumia 1520 but I'm unable to get into it, I have tried a software reset but its still the same.
I was wondering if theres a way to uninstall Hey Cortana and then reinstall it..

divesh kothari

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
In response to "EasilyTheBest"

Thanks d response is useful..but i need a little more help.

i have done d following.

1) downloaded hey cortana from the link u have provided

2) settings are exactly as provided in the link i.e.
. language -> English(india) is first
. region -> india (and regional format -> match phone language)
.speech -> english (U.K)

when i go to the main settings it says hey cortana disabled. when i click it displays the following message

"To use Hey Cortana, make sure your region and speech language match your current display language"

how to proceed?

divesh kothari

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Thanks d response is useful..but i need a little more help.

i have done d following.

1) downloaded hey cortana from the link u have provided

2) settings are exactly as provided in the link i.e.
. language -> English(india) is first
. region -> india (and regional format -> match phone language)
.speech -> english (U.K)

when i go to the main settings it says hey cortana disabled. when i click it displays the following message

"To use Hey Cortana, make sure your region and speech language match your current display language"

how to proceed?

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site

how to proceed?

Okay so you have downloaded "hey cortana"

and it says that in order to work, "make sure your region and speech language match your current display language".

But that will disable the main cortana feature. (since you cant use region: India and speech :English India)

So i guess the only solution is to set your region, speech language and display language to a place where cortana is fully functional.

That would be US or UK.

Haseeb Shaikh

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: Hey cortana feature not come yet - Lumia 635(india) to denim

when will the new denim update come to nokia lumia 635.i have a nokia lumia 635 so plz let me know.and also my mom has a nokia lumia 925 and every time when we unlock it it says resuming then the lockscreen comes.plz give solutions

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros