Why is Cortana saying she isn't talking to the internet right now?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

why is Cornana saying she isn't talking to the internet right now?

I am connected to the internet!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: why is Cornana saying she isn't talking to the internet right now?

Sometimes it's slow internet or low quality signal...

Sometimes it is local/regional server issues.

Hard to say definitively.

Raven2099

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: why is Cornana saying she isn't talking to the internet right now?

I have a secure high speed fiber connection no outages/low signal/slow/or anything like that ever and cortana dose the same thinbg to me

MoRbIdBoY

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
To sign out of Cortana specifically, go to the Cortana menu and open "Notebook", and go into the "About Me" section. You'll see your online account listed there. Click it, then click the same account (otherwise you won't see the option to sign-out!) again inside the popup to get the "remove" option.

Then sign back in to Cortana. Connection problem solved. Cortana will re-connect and refresh your information (which somehow got corrupted).

Note to Microsoft: THIS SIGN OUT OPTION IS IN THE WRONG DAMN PLACE. IT SHOULD FEATURE WITH FAR MORE PROMINENCE. AS IT IS, USERS HAVE VIRTUALLY NO IDEA WHERE THIS HIDDEN OPTION IS.

THE SIGN OUT OPTION SHOULD BE UNDER THE CORTANA BURGER ICON (WHERE HOME AND NOTEBOOK IS), JUST LIKE IT IS FEATURED IN THE START MENU ABOVE SETTINGS AND POWER.

!! VERY POOR DESIGN - USERS CAN'T FIX THEIR PROBLEMS IF THEY CAN'T SEE THE OPTIONS THEY NEED !!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire