Hey Cortana training fails at step 5/6 UK Lumia 950 Build 10.0.10586.107. How can I get it working?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

"Hey Cortana" training fails at step 5/6 UK Lumia 950 Build 10.0.10586.107

I switched on the "Hey Cortana" setting in Cortana/Notebook/Settings and went through the training but I haven't been able to get past step 5 of 6 even though the correct voice translation appears in the "Listening" box?
I'm reading some ambiguous information about the regional availability of "Hey Cortana" and about having to use English US regional settings. Is "Hey Cortana" available in the UK for this OS build? If so any ideas how to actually get it to work?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: "Hey Cortana" training fails at step 5/6 UK Lumia 950 Build 10.0.10586.107

If Hey Cortana took you all the way up to step 5 - then it is something with your pronounciations that isn't working with her or in that particular sentence the way you say "Hey Cortana" is very different from the first 4. Try to go slow and consistently.

Kraiven

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: "Hey Cortana" training fails at step 5/6 UK Lumia 950 Build 10.0.10586.107

Thanks, that seems a very reasonable suggestion but I've just spent an hour trying and retrying the voice training - sometimes I get to step 5/6 most times not beyond 3/6: I assume it is just not very good at it just yet, hopefully later OS updates will improve this feature.
It does respond to "Hey Cortana" in the default "Respond best to anyone" mode, but intermittently, and compares poorly to my son's Nexus which almost flawlessly detects his voice trained "OK Google" request.
Thanks for your suggestion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb