Why does Cortana pops up when I swipe from the right side of the screen?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Cortana pops up when I swipe from the right side of the screen.

When using touch pad if I swipe from the right side of the screen Cortana pops up and blocks part of my screen. It is annoying. I have to stop what I am doing clear it from the screen then go back to what I was doing until it happens again. I see nothing in the settings about this feature. How do I shut it off without deleting Cortana?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Cortana pops up when I swipe from the right side of the screen.

When using touch pad if I swipe from the right side of the screen Cortana pops up and blocks part of my screen. It is annoying. I have to stop what I am doing clear it from the screen then go back to what I was doing until it happens again. I see nothing in the settings about this feature. How do I shut it off without deleting Cortana?

How about not swiping from the right using the touchpad? To me it doesn't seem like a natural gesture you would do.
Also, can you check settings and search for cortana settings? I believe somewhere in those settings for cortana are settings for notebook in which you can disable cortana

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

FaisalST32

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
When using touch pad if I swipe from the right side of the screen Cortana pops up and blocks part of my screen. It is annoying. I have to stop what I am doing clear it from the screen then go back to what I was doing until it happens again. I see nothing in the settings about this feature. How dshut it off without deleting Cortana?

You seem to have installed a touchpad driver compatible with Windows 8/8.1. It recognises your swipe as a command to open charms bar which has a shortcut combination of WinKey+C. However, this is the combination for opening cortana in Win 10. Hence the confusion. You may try updating your touchpad driver to fix the issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18