Windows Mobile 10 updated yesterday. Why is Cortana STILL not working on Lumia 1520?!?!

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows Mobile 10 updated yesterday. Why is Cortana STILL not working on Lumia 1520?!?!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

could you be more specific in how it is not working? It's not in the aps list, it's not opening, it's not listening etc

And what OS version are you on now?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

KathDu

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Original poster here: The only thing I ever used Cortana for in Windows 8.1 mobile was to make calls in my car. 99% of the time it properly identified the people in my contacts list and was able to place the call. Now, it's like it doesn't even know what a contact is, doesn't understand the concept of making a call, and then utterly freezes. This is a huge problem for me and a potential safety issue since my business requires that I frequently make calls in my car.

MobileGorilla

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Same here with Cortana on my Lumia 950XL (Canada) after the new Build 14390 today. The issue I've been facing is with Cortana app shutting down immediately after tapping the microphone, or trying to start Cortana with saying "Hey Cortana". It's been like this for a long time and I'm optimistically hoping by Aug 2 that Cortana will be back to normal, but after several builds one wonders...

KathDu

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
I put this as a separate post, but this is the same reply: The only thing I ever used Cortana for in Windows 8.1 mobile was to make calls in my car. 99% of the time it properly identified the people in my contacts list and was able to place the call. Now, it's like it doesn't even know what a contact is, doesn't understand the concept of making a call, and then utterly freezes. This is a huge problem for me and a potential safety issue since my business requires that I frequently make calls in my car.

limya

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I am on 10.0.14905.100 , phone 1520. Whenever I launch Cortana, it crashed moment I initiate mic for voice command. By default it shows Tips & Tricks along with top news but crashes if I try voice command.
Working perfectly on Android, Desktop but not on Window Phone.

Update 3rd Sep
Cortana working fine ,made changes with language,speech and voice options and now working fine post latest update.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss