Could Cortana learn names of some of my friends?

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi. My maybe language is not English, but I have my phone in English and i also have Cortana in English. The only issue is when i say to her "call Ivana", she tries to read that name as it is an English one. How could I tell her how I pronounce this name, so next time a say "call Ivana", she would know who is Ivana, and she would dial her?

It maybe if I could make some of my custom commands, in which case I would add commands like "call Ivana".

I think this would be important for English speaking users, as there are names which are spelled the same but pronounced differently.

Dinu Noroc

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi. My maybe language is not English, but I have my phone in English and i also have Cortana in English. The only issue is when i say to her "call Ivana", she tries to read that name as it is an English one. How could I tell her how I pronounce this name, so next time a say "call Ivana", she would know who is Ivana, and she would dial her?

It maybe if I could make some of my custom commands, in which case I would add commands like "call Ivana".

I think this would be important for English speaking users, as there are names which are spelled the same but pronounced differently.

Cortana is will learn your friends names if you use it more. But you can do something to speed up the learning process. If you try to edit (edit name) a contact you will see at the bottom a field with Phoneticfirst/last name. Cortana will look though this fields as well.

For example I taught her to know a contact when i tell her "Call my brother, mother or wife"

More you use Cortana, more she reliable she gets.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
This is amazing, she improved a lot. Now she asked me "what's your moms name", and I picked her from the contacts, and now she knows it. :)

Later I will see how to write down those phonetic names, that's also a great feature, though it would be simpler if we could say to her how we speak that specific name than to look how to write it phonetically. Hehe, long time since I've been looking into dictionaries. :)

Thanks a lot!

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

Last edited:

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I an sorry for nothing you again with this, but how did you type in phonetic names to people? Did you type it somehow only using English characters, or you somehow managed to type it with phonetic symbols for English? Could you give me some example? Thanks in advance!

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon