Cortana Voice

Gaurav Tekchandani

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
I updated my lumia 535 to win 10. My location is India.
I was using cortana without any flaw in win8.1 with my settings of region as UK.
I did factory reset. Then updated to win10.
I have setup the cortana settings. She is responding to whay i type, is showing me the wether update. Seems evrything is fine. But when i click on the mic nothing happens. She doesnt enter the listening mode. Nor prompts any error. Even the mic icon on my keyboard is not working.when i click on it , it prompts TRY AGAIN.
Can someone pls tell is it an issue with cortana or something else as the mic option on my keyboard is also not working. Although i m not bothered of it. I need to use cortana on voice commands.it makes life easier.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
In the long run I'd try another hard reset just to make sure..

But that's always the last option.. Did you make sure that the appropriate speech packages are downloaded?

Gaurav Tekchandani

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
I read somewhere that Cortana is now officially available for India.
I have English (India) for speech.
I have changed it to English(UK) but the package is still downloading since three days -_-
If it had not supported English(India) i think she would have not worked at all. she would have displayed the speech error.
My brother also has 535 n is having same issue. neither the mic on keyboard works, nor the listening feature in cortana.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I have changed it to English(UK) but the package is still downloading since three days -_-
If it had not supported English(India) i think she would have not worked at all. she would have displayed the speech error.
My brother also has 535 n is having same issue. neither the mic on keyboard works, nor the listening feature in cortana.

Insider builds or production?

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site

I am from India and I have Cortana working perfectly on my 535DS (14393.189 non Insider).You have to set English India default speech language and have English UK speech installed in your phone as speech to text is not available with English India.Keyboard and region should all be India.Here's the screenshot from my phone -

wp_ss_20161007_0001.png

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa