Cortana device coming next year to compete with Echo

Centrifuge Games

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I was getting tempted to buy an Echo, but I might hold on for one of these instead :) Will be interesting to see what happens next year with the Cortana Devices SDK and IoT support - I've been tinkering around with home automation ("Hey Cortana, central heating on" etc) and hooking it up to a dedicated Cortana device (or something like a Raspberry Pi running Win10 IoT) would be very cool!

psurob55

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Still no news on this almost 2 full months into 2017. :unhappy:

At least the Amazon Tap is worth buying now since it has hands-free activation in the latest update. Should hold me over until the cortana speakers start rolling out and getting worthwhile smart integrations.

Guess there is no hope for google music on the echo...need to look into work arounds or considering switching to another music service. I guess I should give Prime music a try first.

carl woodcock

Dec 3, 2016
Visit site
at least with amazon you get so much more, Cortana doesn't actually do anything useful much as it pains me to say that, Ive been waiting for so long for it to actually do something, with Echo I can from plugin, control all of my hue lights, control Wemo plugs and switches and schedule them so I can turn things on and off at certain times, like my vivarium lighting and fog coming on when I'm away. then I can ask for any music and its all included with prime, I can listen to radio stations, I get access with prime to loads of video content, now if Microsoft had one subscription cost for all these things I would end my Amazon account right now as I hate the company but want the usability.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers