Are you planning to get a W5.5 Pro (Funker)

anon(9813806)

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
I quite like this phone, I'm a little concerned about the brand (never heard of Funker before), but considering the absence of a mid-range Lumia phone, this might end up being my new phone.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I quite like this phone, I'm a little concerned about the brand (never heard of Funker before), but considering the absence of a mid-range Lumia phone, this might end up being my new phone.

Also consider the new Sony wp :) higher SoC

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I never heard of Funker. I would need to see how this brand is in terms of build quality and reliability before I'd consider purchasing anything from them.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I never heard of Funker. I would need to see how this brand is in terms of build quality and reliability before I'd consider purchasing anything from them.

It's a white label job. Very obviously matches the Coship Moly X1 in looks and spec. No idea who the ODM is, obviously. I did some poking around. Funker is a Spanish version of BLU, I suppose. In business since 2010.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've done more poking around the web.

Here's what I've found.

CoShip has been building devices for others (white label) for over 10 years and has a good rep and established ties with Qualcomm.

CoShip recently launched their own private label with the Moly Brand. Moly X1, Moly W5 and the soon to be Moly PC Phone.

Funker is a Spanish company that operates like BLU. They have a brand, but others build their devices. Funker is sourcing the W5.5 through CoShip.

Hence the move of this thread into the CoShip Forum.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro