My Moly X1 has died

frambly

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Took my Moly out of my pocket to use it yesterday afternoon, and - nothing. Completely dead.
I had been using it to phone, text, read the news, etc less than an hour before. Now - nothing.
It was fully charged, but I tried charging it anyway. Nothing.
Tried soft reset with power/volume-down. Nothing.
Tried hard reset. Nothing.
Tried removing the SIM and SD cards to shake it up. Nothing.
Tried connecting to a PC to explore files or do Windows phone recovery. Nothing.
Battery is not removable.

I now have the opportunity to test Coship and/or Amazon's return policy.
I will post updates as events unfold.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
What a disappointment.

As for Amazons return policy you may be pleasantly surprised.
My returns with Amazon have always been painless.

Best of luck there.

bucfan11

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Mine has been rock solid so far...amazed at how well it runs on .29. There is some bugs (resuming) but overall much better than my 928.

frambly

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Mine was on .29 as well - I was keeping it out of Insider. Working just fine until it stopped.
Only issue was reluctance to find good autofocus.
I'm dealing with McCloud, but their communication with Coship is slow right now because they're all at home for the Chinese new year.

bucfan11

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Mine was on .29 as well - I was keeping it out of Insider. Working just fine until it stopped.
Only issue was reluctance to find good autofocus.
I'm dealing with McCloud, but their communication with Coship is slow right now because they're all at home for the Chinese new year.
Camera seems better after the app update. I posted some pics I took after the update...not bad. Please keep us updated on how they handle your return and the turn around time. I'm hoping you just got a bad unit and its not a QC problem with Coship.

frambly

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
I mailed it off to China on Feb 22, but it's taking the slow boat, so it hasn't got there yet. They will send a replacement when they receive it.
I'll update when there is more news.

I noticed on Amazon that another Moly X1 owner said their phone died completely in exactly the same way after about four days . . .

bucfan11

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Still waiting?
Originally posted by frambly
I mailed it off to China on Feb 22, but it's taking the slow boat, so it hasn't got there yet. They will send a replacement when they receive it.
I'll update when there is more news.

I noticed on Amazon that another Moly X1 owner said their phone died completely in exactly the same way after about four days . . .

frambly

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
My replacement Moly X1 arrived on Saturday.

It took a few weeks to get to China, then a week or two to send me a replacement, then a few weeks for the replacement to reach me!

The new one is working fine.
I checked the IMEI to see if they repaired the old one, but it is a new one.

Fingers crossed . . .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon