Anyone happy with their Cricket service?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Scratch that. Woke up this morning and decided to run another speed test. My phone hit 10Mbps before settling down at 7.6Mbps. Same with my wife's phone. Everything appears to be working perfect. Thanks for all the help everyone!

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Scratch that. Woke up this morning and decided to run another speed test. My phone hit 10Mbps before settling down at 7.6Mbps. Same with my wife's phone. Everything appears to be working perfect. Thanks for all the help everyone!

Great! My wife is currently on Net10 AT&T, but I'm planning to switch her over to Cricket this month, before her current 30 day plan expires. The recent added data made the decision easy. Basically the same benefits, with a $15 lower cost. The only downside is that Net10 has full speed LTE, but she's at home on WiFi most of the time anyway.

I currently have a Verizon plan with unlimited data, so I'm not going anywhere until it's forcefully taken from me! It's not cheap, but where I live the coverage is excellent, and speeds are very good. I've gotten up to 74Mbps down sitting at my desk at work.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
This thread made my day. I've been contemplating leaving Verizon for Cricket for months now. I pay entirely too much money for a person that doesn't even like talking on the phone and the signal at home is surprisingly mediocre for someone living in a relatively densely populated area. I'm thinking of waiting for the next high-end at&t Windows phone to jump ship.

t.mehoves

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I swapped from AT&T to Cricket with 4 lines for $100. I think you can get 5 lines for same price as well. Another thing to consider, the price already includes the taxes and fees that would normally be tacked on at the end on other carriers. Yes, they do not sell flagship phones but you can pay full price on a new flagship roughly every 10-12 months in savings alone.

inferno434

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I jumped ship from At&t to cricket this past week. Activation was a breeze. I notice no difference in signal quality (its still at&ts towers isn't it?). I'm almost always on wifi anyway, so won't notice the throttled data speeds so much, and will gladly take the extra $40 in savings per month for two lines.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Were had Cricket for both of our AT&T 920's, my international 1520 (I'm now on T-Mo paid by my employer), and now just in my wife's international 830. The prices and service have been wonderful!
Sent from my Lumia 830

michael weinstein

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
great service for the price-- i am unhappy with not having access to Visual Voice Mail... this is a feature the carrier should offer... why microsoft can assist in some light coding is beyond me.... they shouldnt have fired the nokia people!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
great service for the price-- i am unhappy with not having access to Visual Voice Mail... this is a feature the carrier should offer... why microsoft can assist in some light coding is beyond me.... they shouldnt have fired the nokia people!

Want Visual Voice Mail? Go to YouMail on your PC browser and sign up. Then download the ISeeVM App to your phone. It is a free and very feature rich service. I actually prefer the YouMail to carrier VVM.

FWIW, Cricket finally got some actual stores in my area. I switched over to Cricket a few months ago and it has been great. Saving a ton of money on 4 lines and the signal has been strong. Roamed all over the western US and was covered.

o1legacygt

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I went from ATT to Straighttalk to Cricket. Moving to Cricket has been my best move so far. I have heard many people having horror stories with Cricket. However, my initial setup and port from Straight Talk to Cricket went very smooth. The customer service at Cricket vs Straight talk IMO is superior. So far so good, been paying my 35 bucks for 30 days for the last 8 months with a smile.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
As an update, I've been with Cricket for over a year and a half now and I'm still satisfied with their service. Again, using AT&T's towers give me excellent coverage and the 8mbps speed cap doesn't prevent me from streaming video in 1080p. I upped my data limit to 5GB, which is now 8GB due to a very recent change. The price/data amount is much better than GoPhone.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Having Cricket stores in your area makes a HUGE difference.

I've been very happily on Cricket for well over a year since they started popping stores into my town.

Best. Value.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Still no stores here, just Gamestops, but very happy with my service. Have used them for about 2.5 years now (well they were AIO when I started).

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
w00t! The 10GB plan has been upped to 12GB. There's also an "unlimited" plan for $70 ($65 after auto pay). Gonna stick with my 8GB plan but I'm glad to see the new limits

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yup, yup...

During the holiday season we moved the in-law's hotspot line from 5GB to 8GB for free. That took a conscious plan change.

Just recently our 4 lines at 2.5GB each got increased automatically to 3GB each.

Net increase in monthly data for the family is 5GB total and not paying a penny more. :cool:

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Yup, yup...

During the holiday season we moved the in-law's hotspot line from 5GB to 8GB for free. That took a conscious plan change.

Just recently our 4 lines at 2.5GB each got increased automatically to 3GB each.

Net increase in monthly data for the family is 5GB total and not paying a penny more. :cool:

And now they are all up to 4GB, It's crazy that I started with Cricket (AIO) 3 years ago, and was paying $35 for 500MB, now I get 4GB for the same price. For my money, its the best deal in wireless.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers