Community, help me build new pc

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Well..this morning i was in ashran (World of Warcraft, warlords of draenor) playing like usual and suddenly i smell something burning. Long story short, my pc burn. Yes, litteraly burn.
Yes, it was old one..q6600 hd6700series 3gb ram 300gb hdd but it used the purpose. Now, after this morning incidente i need new one. I aim to save money but menage to play wow on ultra in ashran and get like 50-60stable fps in ultra on raids. I don't need some high top beast because first:don't have money, second:don't want to invest so much money in something that is not ,,primary thing" in my life. With this rig i menaged to get 15-20 fps (sometimes lower) in everything low and off in ashran and raids, with new one i aim to accualy enjoy in wow landscapes and not just watch fog or play on 10fps when i'm in some town.
I would greatly appriciated any rig suggestion, i'm kinda without legs without my pc. Can't even use wi fi or doing basic jobs i need to do..my lumia 1520 is mighty, but not allmighty.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
How much money do you have to spend is a good starting point. Is there anything from the old system that you're reusing?

Did you have a power supply fault? That's what usually goes...

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Yeap, pw burned and killed everything.
Sorry for not providing all informations, i'm kinda frustruated.
-oc is not primary, i don't want to lower lifespan on components
-inter,amd,ati,nvidia..don't accualy care because i don't have big budget, so between two same i chose lower in price
-budget i guess around 400eu, lower, slighty higher
-place Serbia
-no ssd. So much expencive, regural hdd is fine

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
If you can find i5 2500k or i7 2700k that would be nice. For the board I would recomended z77 chipset. Pick GTX 750 Ti. (you can also pick normal 750) and for the drive try seagate one. (if you have plenty money get SSHD version). And for the DIMM get corsair veagance 2x 4 gb for any series
Sandy bridge seems outdated but still out there. They isn't really expensive these days but run great.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I recently build my PC as I was low on budget and I'm from India so there is huge price difference here is my specs i5 4440 gigabyte h81m-s1 Kingston hyperx 1866mhz ram 8gb zotac gtx 750ti and antec vp450p and wd caviar blue 1tb it all cost me around $530(inr 34000) I haven't installed wow I will install it and tell you the fps if you want

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Buy the best you can get. Here's my recommendations.

You can get more bang for your buck with AMD (your game recommends AMD FX 4100, which is fairly cheap) but Intel usually performs better overall. i5 2400 is recommended. You can of course get better.
RAM is fairly cheap so I wouldn't go below 4GB. (recommended by game)
Hard drives are dirt cheap these days so get what you can. Western Digital is one of the best though Samsung (Seagate) makes a great HD at a good price.
I usually go for Asus for motherboards but Gigabytes are good too though any decent budget board will suit your needs if it's just for gaming.
Video cards. Get the best you can get. If it's a budget one that's fine at least it does the job.
These are the recommended for WoW.
NVIDIA? GeForce? GTX 470,
ATI Radeon™ HD 5870

You can easily get a good game rig for your price.

I'd also invest in a surge suppressor. It's likely the cause of your PS failure.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Buy the best you can get. Here's my recommendations.

You can get more bang for your buck with AMD (your game recommends AMD FX 4100, which is fairly cheap) but Intel usually performs better overall. i5 2400 is recommended. You can of course get better.
RAM is fairly cheap so I wouldn't go below 4GB. (recommended by game)
Hard drives are dirt cheap these days so get what you can. Western Digital is one of the best though Samsung (Seagate) makes a great HD at a good price.
I usually go for Asus for motherboards but Gigabytes are good too though any decent budget board will suit your needs if it's just for gaming.
Video cards. Get the best you can get. If it's a budget one that's fine at least it does the job.
These are the recommended for WoW.
NVIDIA? GeForce? GTX 470,
ATI Radeon? HD 5870

You can easily get a good game rig for your price.

I'd also invest in a surge suppressor. It's likely the cause of your PS failure.
Some asus board has anti surge feature and their Sandy Bridge board fairly cheap these day. If you can affrod it. Get sabertooth z77. They has great durability

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Some asus board has anti surge feature and their Sandy Bridge board fairly cheap these day. If you can affrod it. Get sabertooth z77. They has great durability

His power supply went, not the motherboard. Most new PS should have surge resistance but it doesn't hurt to be safe in case you go cheap. Most people don't realise how easily electrical and electronic goods can be damaged by surges and incorrect handling.

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for replies, i visited some shops in town and my friend and i get this rig with 400? range, what do you think about it:
-i3 4170 2c 3,7ghz
-motherb.gigabyte ga-h81m-s2h
-4gb ddr kingston hyper something
-nvidia 730gt 2gb 128bit

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I recently build my PC as I was low on budget and I'm from India so there is huge price difference here is my specs i5 4440 gigabyte h81m-s1 Kingston hyperx 1866mhz ram 8gb zotac gtx 750ti and antec vp450p and wd caviar blue 1tb it all cost me around $530(inr 34000) I haven't installed wow I will install it and tell you the fps if you want

Yes please. That would be nice. I like that rig and maybe i can that kind of money if it runs well.
After instaling wod (warlords of draenor) put on ultra and check fps in mayor city and lagrge groups (if you ever played wow or have any friend to log on and try)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The i3 4170 is similar to the i5 2400 in performance but not in all aspects. Whether you'll recognize it with your game or not is debatable with the video card you have.

Generally i3 are not usually the best for games. However your particular game isn't as intensive as most and the ability to upgrade the CPU in the future is always a possibility.

I think for your purposes it should be a good computer. You should check online to see if you can find any part cheaper and maybe upgrade. Depends on how fast you want things.

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
And what about gpu?
Yes, i3 is dual and i5 is quad..or i was taught to think in that way.

Oh god, only 750ti gpu cost around 160? in my place.
I work 12h shifts for 200?/m

It's like world telling me to fck off.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
And what about gpu?
Yes, i3 is dual and i5 is quad..or i was taught to think in that way.

Oh god, only 750ti gpu cost around 160€ in my place.
I work 12h shifts for 200€/m

It's like world telling me to fck off.

i3 and i5 are both quadcore. They're just different levels of performance.

I can't say much about EU pricing as I live in the UK but you can check out this site from Germany and see what you think.

I find online shops are better for pricing.

hardwareversand.de - Home

The world is a harsh place no doubt.... that's a whole other conversation....

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I wrote wall of text and my phone decide to ,,lose connection with server???"..
Nevermind, i was teling that ,,ultra" is my desire, simply because if i run wow on ultra, i can run witcher 3, new asscr or dishonored 2 on high, medium/high settings. That purely mean i've got upgrade to my old pc. If i menaged to play at 40fps and 15in ashran/raid, i want to play on 60 with some tweekings obviously. For example, i turn aa and shadows on off in every single game i played, simply because i don't like them (some glow options too). If i buy pc i want upgrade and i want to notice that..why would i pay to have same kr slighty better then inused to have, that's not real upgrade for me. I don't want to invest in some pc just to lower all possible settings in wow (or other games) just to enjoy in it..hell with it i never acually saw more then 2m in game, never saw landscapes or trees.
That's why i said ,,ultra" maybe i was wrong, sorry about it..but big not huge upgrade to old settings will be sufficent only if i can for example put distamd on high, texttures, particless..and still have good around 60fps mark when i'm inraid, ashran or something like that.
Some of you know how to feel like geting into guild raid and get killed in middle of boss fight simple because my fps is 1-3. That's not ,,gaming" that's pain. If with my i3confing i can play with high/medium high and get decent 50-60fps with accual people near me, that's fine, i'm sold..yey upgrade..if not, that's not upgrade that's paying for sam sht over again.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I wrote wall of text and my phone decide to ,,lose connection with server???"..
Nevermind, i was teling that ,,ultra" is my desire, simply because if i run wow on ultra, i can run witcher 3, new asscr or dishonored 2 on high, medium/high settings. That purely mean i've got upgrade to my old pc. If i menaged to play at 40fps and 15in ashran/raid, i want to play on 60 with some tweekings obviously. For example, i turn aa and shadows on off in every single game i played, simply because i don't like them (some glow options too). If i buy pc i want upgrade and i want to notice that..why would i pay to have same kr slighty better then inused to have, that's not real upgrade for me. I don't want to invest in some pc just to lower all possible settings in wow (or other games) just to enjoy in it..hell with it i never acually saw more then 2m in game, never saw landscapes or trees.
That's why i said ,,ultra" maybe i was wrong, sorry about it..but big not huge upgrade to old settings will be sufficent only if i can for example put distamd on high, texttures, particless..and still have good around 60fps mark when i'm inraid, ashran or something like that.
Some of you know how to feel like geting into guild raid and get killed in middle of boss fight simple because my fps is 1-3. That's not ,,gaming" that's pain. If with my i3confing i can play with high/medium high and get decent 50-60fps with accual people near me, that's fine, i'm sold..yey upgrade..if not, that's not upgrade that's paying for sam sht over again.
the gpu which you have selected is very weak as compare to hd 6700 series i would not suggest you buying that and yeah i will install wow and will let you know fps

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
1 thing if you can't affrod new harswell series sandy bridge series isn't really shabby at all.

Try consider i5 2500/2500k.

How big is your monitor if you around 1600x 1200 res you may need powerfull card. at least get 750 they're pretty cheap compared to 750 Ti

I used to play Ragnarok Online 2 with i7 2700k and GTX 760 on 1440 x 900. Boss raid went fine but guild war is another story.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
1920x1080, will aim for that i5 and 750 if i can find and aford it.

Sorry bro I don't have a 1080p monitor so wont be able to tell you actual fps.
But I googled it and found that with ultra settings on 1080p res you can get min 32fps and max 63-70fps and avg was around 47fps in wod( warlords of draenor)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb