Battery Life?

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, when I got my tablet yesterday evening at approximately 18h30, the battery was at full charge out of the box. I left it running to see how long it would take before the battery ran flat. So today at 17h03, I got a battery level warning at 6%.

Apart from the tablet being on while I was sleeping, I have been using the tablet regularly throughout yesterday evening and today, but mainly light usage. Downloading pictures from my D5000, transferring of files, pictures and videos from my external hard drives to the onboard SD card, fiddling with my fitbit one, trying to connect and set up my Timex Run Trainer and device agent, watching a movie, listening to some music, updating apps and installing apps ( a total of 3 hours on the internet ).

As for heavy usage? That will be for the vacation when I have a reliable wifi connection but for now, the battery life looks like it can last an airport lay over.

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
My first big test was recorded in my post Unscientific battery life results and since then, i have been using my tablet on a daily basis for work (A lot of MS 2013 content - Word, PPT. Excel - my Dell tablet has replaced my laptop) and very little media content consumption. I do have one game "My Country" playing non stop. All in all, I am having to recharge my battery almost every 3rd day, so almost twice a week. Initially I would plug it in at night before going to bed, but it has reached a stage now where I only recharge the tablet when I get the 6% warning.

In terms of an airport layover? 7 hours at CDG - 3 games running concurrently, Youtubing, internet surfing (8 tabs open) and emailing. So no complaints there, except that you can see the Atom Processors limitations; in that at times the apps/programs freeze and then you have to close everything and re-open. I did not have any reason or cause to reboot the tablet in this regard. In fact, since owning this tablet, I have experienced 1 automatic reboot for reasons unknown.

Other than that, unlike my Lumia 900 where you have to constantly watch the battery, I have had no issues or complaints regarding my Dells battery life. I am very happy with it. Would I replace it? Possibly with a non Atom Processor but until then, my Dell is more than adequate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven