Dell Latitude 10 Essential

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, this evening I took delivery of a Dell Latitude 10 Essential from the river shop ($400). It is a 32GB (with 14GB available) model but I have a Komputerbay 128GB SDXC card in (showing 119GB available). So I am not really lacking for space at the moment.

It is really nice, smooth and fast and really elegant looking. I haven't had much time to do anything else with it, but that will be for after my shift :)

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hope you enjoy your Latitude 10! I'd be interested in hearing more about your experience now you've gotten chance to get used to it.

anon(5415472)

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I got a sweet deal on a dell latitude 10e, only paid $250+ for the tablet. I already have the acer w510 and I was so pleased with that I decided to get another for the folks ( coz they're hogging my tablet.) when I saw the deal. The wierd thing is, I can't get the spec low-down for the e, everytime I search I get results for the standard latitude 10. I don't really care, as long as it works as well as my w510 then my folks will be able to use it. It's nice to have relatives in the U.S., the price in PH is 37k pesos, I got this for 11k pesos, talk about a steal ;)

All those pundit reports about how awful windows 8 tablets are is just pure hogwash. It only takes a couple of minutes with one and you'll be able to find all kinds of useful things you can do with it that other tablets can not do.

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
The specs for the Latitude 10 tablets are roughly identical; the big differences are;

Latitude 10
Wacom Active Stylus Support - Yes
Swappable Battery - Yes
Max Storage - 64GB
Camera - 2MP front and 8MP rear with rear LED flash
Ports - Full-size USB 2.0, Full-size SD memory card reader, docking connector, stereo headphone/microphone combo jack, micro-USB charging port, mini-HDMI™, mini-SIM (WWAN only)
Slots - Full size SecureDigital card slot and micro SIM slot
Dimensions (W x D x H) - 274 x 176.6 x 10.5mm / 658g (2-cell) 820g (4-cell)
Security - Hardware TPM 1.2 & Software TPM, DDP | A (Dell Data Protection Access).
Wireless - WiFi and WWAN available

Latitude 10 essentials configuration
Wacom Active Stylus Support - No, Passive Stylus support only
Swappable Battery - No
Max Storage - 64GB
Camera - 2MP front and 8MP rear
Ports -Full-size USB 2.0, Full-size SD memory card reader, docking connector, stereo headphone/ microphone combo jack
Slots - Full size SecureDigital card slot
Dimensions (W x D x H) - 274mm x 176.6mm x 10.5mm/649g
Security -Software TPM, DDP | A (Dell Data Protection Access)
Wireless - WiFi only

Latitude 10 (enhanced security)
Wacom Active Stylus Support - Yes
Swappable Battery - Yes
Max Storage - 128GB eMMc
Camera - 2MP front and 8MP rear with rear LED flash.
Ports -Full-size USB 2.0, Full-size SD memory card reader, docking connector, stereo headphone/microphone combo jack, micro-USB charging port, mini-HDMI, mini-SIM (WWAN only)
Slots -Full size SecureDigital card slot and micro SIM slot
Dimensions (W x D x H) - 274mm x 176.6mm x 13.4mm
Security - Hardware TPM 1.2 & Software TPM, Fingerprint Reader, Smart Card Reader, DDP | A (Dell Data Protection Access)
Wireless - WiFi and WWAN available

(
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...%2Fp%2Flatitude-10-tablet%2Fpd&token=4VZzLfPG as the source)

More specs

Latitude 10 Windows 8 Tablet Details

So, you can see that all, apart from lack of stylus support or the teeny weeny 32GB SSS on the Latitude 10 Essentails, are similar in terms of hardware.

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes I know, it is frustrating. I went from 14GB to 3.1GB and I am trying to figure out where it went to. As for the partition drive, well, I followed all the instructions I could find and no joy. Apparently there is a file missing or something or other which won't even allow me to do a quick reformat. Anyway, apart from that, I do have a 128GB SD card which is soaking up all my music, pics and documents, so I am not to worried about space (well, I lie...I am trying to make space for 8.1 when it comes out...)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb