Unscientific battery life results

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I have been looking for some kind of simple to use app or program to establish "official" battery life on my Dell, but no joy. So, I decided on a reasonable test.

1. Battery fully charged.
2. No settings change for battery saving - ie default settings from out of the box.
3. Wireless on.
4. BT on.
5. Play a movie ("The Warriors Way" for the curious), from my SD card, on repeat/loop until tablet battery is dead.

Result?

9 hours 36 minutes and some change.

that, I think, is fairly decent. That is the equivalent of flight time from Johannesburg to Paris with an Airbus 380.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
did it predict this number or did you really get 9 hours on a tablet that isn't haswell ?
Anyways there's really no true battery tests to tablets or PCs , many factors kick in, Software , hardware , use (media/work/internet even the certain internet websites can be factored) , environment (heat/cold) , electricity input, bad or healthy charging habits , screen size , screen res , used screen res in the case of PCs,screen brightness , use of accessories (flash drives, fans etc) , use of external speakers vs headphones.
I can go on and on , but I sir would love to have a 9 hours battery life , I use a dell Inspiron i7 which used to last me somewhere near 2.8 hours and now it lasts like 1 hour at most this again its a 15'' screen so that's that..

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I had a stop watch app on my Lumia 900 running at the same time as i was "testing" my tablet. So the time I have given is the time at which my tablet died on me after continuous play. So from start to finish, 9 hours and 36 minutes.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
did it predict this number or did you really get 9 hours on a tablet that isn't haswell ?
Anyways there's really no true battery tests to tablets or PCs , many factors kick in, Software , hardware , use (media/work/internet even the certain internet websites can be factored) , environment (heat/cold) , electricity input, bad or healthy charging habits , screen size , screen res , used screen res in the case of PCs,screen brightness , use of accessories (flash drives, fans etc) , use of external speakers vs headphones.
I can go on and on , but I sir would love to have a 9 hours battery life , I use a dell Inspiron i7 which used to last me somewhere near 2.8 hours and now it lasts like 1 hour at most this again its a 15'' screen so that's that..

There are plenty of tablets that already hit nine hours. Haswell is not a prerequisite for long battery life. In fact, Haswell is a prerequisite for nothing since, to date, it is still just marketing BS from Intel. BTW, Fry's Electronics has just added the first "fourth generation' ix processor powered laptops to their shelves but you would really have to look closely to find any confirmation they are the new Haswell powered machines. Perhaps that is because the rated battery life is less than the latest third generation laptops. It is, as has always been the case, what you design around the processor that is gong to get you an efficient machine, not some fantasy numbers from Intel that only exist under optimal lab conditions and/or in the minds of PR people.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea